I haven't signed it because I can't support a full boycott, which this clearly is, but I would have signed it if it was just a petition to remove the board.

Well Ive signed it Zap without feeling the need to commit to a boycott. I doubt very much you will be sued if you sign it and still go to games. ;-))

I dont think it does any harm, particularly in the absence of any other vehicle or platform, to sign it and thus demonstrate at the very least, you have zero confidence in the current board.

Like a lot of these types of things, it is all about pressure by numbers. Does everyone signing this petition go to Ibrox in the first place? No. Can you sign this petition to ramp up more pressure on our board and still go to Ibrox? Yes. A huge number of signatories will only help to add more pressure on an already vulnerable position that a few weeks ago would just have been dismissed out of hand but now may just be taken a little more seriously.

Does anyone actually believe that the likes of Somers or Easdale will be swayed by an online petition? Sign it if it makes you feel better, but be realistic as to what difference it will bring.

it's made me feel better, especially as every signature sends an email to Somer's email account.

So why did they word the petition as they did then, if they could get more by taking out the reference to boycotting?

I agree entirely BD, it looks rushed, reactionary and emotional. It seems to me it's intention is to annoy more than to persuade them to change a course of action. However the number of respondants could place some pressure on them if it is high enough, given the pressure and stress they must all be under just now with everything happening as it is, they wont need thousands of emails bombarding them.

As fans we cannot do a lot, so a number of bears will see this as a small opportunity to sign something knowing the email goes to Somers and is a chance to be a nuisance, or tell him what they think of his performance as Chair so far.

So why did they word the petition as they did then, if they could get more by taking out the reference to boycotting?

I suppose a boycott is the only tangible (to the board) threat that the fans can make.

8,000 fans with-holding cash is more of a concern to them than 80,000 booing and shaking their fists.