Felix Magath aligns with the 3 Bears - another 1% to the good guys

My only 'concern' with the Felix Magath type model of football philosophy, you really do have to suffer a fair degree of pain before the gain i.e. you more or less rip up the current model (albeit we don't have one!!!) and start again with youth in the side. This would have been the perfect marriage 2 years ago, but we know how that opportunity has been wasted entirely.

It would need extreme patience from the fans, but I for one would be willing to give him it. Would we fill the stadium through a long (possibly painful) rebuild of our playing structure? That is one I'm not so sure about, so it could be a big hit financially.

You think he couldn't get us performing in Scottish football quickly? Who do you think would do a quicker/better job?

I always find it difficult to understand people talking about requiring patience for long term planning. We have never seen any long term planning at the club, we currently have no short term planning either and are just an absolute embarrassment. Anything at all with a bit of thought put in would be a huge improvement.

We have sat through 10 years of terrible football.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Seems to be working fine for Hearts under Levein and Neilson...

I agree, but I don't believe theirs is grown on deep roots. They have been fortunate that they have already had a decent youth set up and were able to call on that. And it has worked for them until now. But their bubble will burst because they are not a great side and they will find it tough next year I will bet. What Magath would be doing would be something far more deep routed that would stand the test of time, much like the German national set up.

You think he couldn't get us performing in Scottish football quickly? Who do you think would do a quicker/better job?

I always find it difficult to understand people talking about requiring patience for long term planning. We have never seen any long term planning at the club, we currently have no short term planning either and are just an absolute embarrassment. Anything at all with a bit of thought put in would be a huge improvement.

We have sat through 10 years of terrible football.

I'm not saying he wont get us playing well quickly. He may very well do. BTW I'm all for the idea because we need a long term vision and there are probably not many better we could have got. I maybe should have said may require patience rather than will. And I'm only basing that on recent German success models e.g. Dortmund and the German Nation side. It needed a few years to come to fruition. But I would take that personally.

Edited by Anchorman