Taxman will not disclose cost of Rangers case

You dont need to MB - there is plenty of evidence to suggest there has been serious' date=' perhaps even gross negligence by this investigative body during the course of their enquiry into our club.

I hopefully manage to run a blog later today which attempts to provide some insight into this latest denial from them of information[/quote']

I can well believe that there's been negligence D'Art.

I can also believe that there are some local HMRC officials who did / wanted to pursue us with greater zeal because of their dislike for us.

However, I don't believe that they are following the bidding of their political masters' anti Rangers agenda, or that any personal bias would have swayed the views of the senior officials who must have sanctioned the pursuit of the later stages of this case.

We know that HMRC are under massive pressure to clamp down on Tax evasion and this has been viewed as something of a test case. That suggests to me that HMRC are simply pursuing every possible avenue in a case they genuinely believed they could win, on the basis that the extra cost is worth it even if the chances now are pretty slim.

I do admire your dogged pursuit of this issue though and I'll be interested to read about what you've unearthed. If we eventually find there's more than mere negligence involved (which is of course bad enough), then I'll happily apologise and admit my naive faith in the checks and balances that are supposed to protect us.