Like most, I thought he looked ok. But like most, I've seen him play very little. Dare say there'll be outrage that we're letting the new Eric Caldow go but reality is none of the youngsters we've let go have gone on to see the heather ablaze. The point of even having one seems pretty questionable though.

Edited by Oleg_Mcnoleg

Like most, I thought he looked ok. But like most, I've seen him play very little. Dare say there'll be outrage that we're letting the new Eric Caldow go but reality is none of the youngsters we've let go have gone on to see the heather ablaze. The point of even having one seems pretty questionable though.

Perhaps if we properly developed our youth and gave them first team exposure they would turn into decent players.

Perhaps if we properly developed our youth and gave them first team exposure they would turn into decent players.

Of course. But the only time we've done that for decades was under McLeish and the kids were given a very roughy ride. We (like Sporting Leprechaun) have been conspicuously crap at it for a long time.

Of course. But the only time we've done that for decades was under McLeish and the kids were given a very roughy ride. We (like Sporting Leprechaun) have been conspicuously crap at it for a long time.

Who were all these youngsters that McLeish regularly played? He was another dinosaur who would stick with the veterans even when the season was over.

Off the top of my head (so apologies if my chronology is a bit wrong), Chris Burke, Alan Hutton, Charlie Adam, Mo Ross, Stevie Smith, Stephen Hughes, and Bob Malcolm all came through under Eck didn't they? Hughes didn't hang around, obviously, but the others played a bit.

It isn't coincidence that we were downsizing at that time though

never got played in his preferred CB position either

And from everything I have heard from inside the Club.... you wouldn't want to. Heard he was a bombscare at CB.

Best of luck to him as he as a local lad (local to me anyway....)

Kyle McAusland has today signed for Dunfermline Athletic. He leaves for Rangers after joining them as a striker in 2006 at under-15s level. Rangers converted him to play at centre half and he has subsequently been described as a full back.

Kyle made a handful of appearances for Ally McCoist's side during their League One campaign last season but was well down the Light Blues pecking order this time out. With Richard Foster and Darren McGregor ahead of him for a starting berth, McAusland was sent out on loan to Brechin City in September 2014 and made 11 appearances for them, scoring three goals.

In the two seasons prior to this, Kyle was on loan at Ayr United. He made 43 appearances for them during that time, scoring three goals all against East Fife in three different matches.

In season 2013-14 Kyle played in two matches for Ayr United against Dunfermline. Their 4-2 defeat in December and the 1-1 draw in April.

Widely admired for his ability in the air and strong in the tackle, the player will be 22 next Monday. It is believed that Ray McKinnon wanted to keep him at Brechin after his spell at the Glebe Park came to an end on 27th December but the lure a full-time contract is believed to have influenced his decision to become a Par.