I am not switching off if I can watch it I will. United we stand divided we fall. This is just a pinch in the bum If we do lose big, it will just make it sweeter when we take over the top again, Which we will.

masochists

I'm switching off everything for 3 days at least

There are redundant Inter-continental ballistic missile silos available in Idaho at very reasonable rates. Our separated brethren will never think to hunt you down there, Idaho is the 'Potato State'.

I am not switching off if I can watch it I will. United we stand divided we fall. This is just a pinch in the bum If we do lose big, it will just make it sweeter when we take over the top again, Which we will.

If the roof falls in and we lose by a record score, there is no way to play it down or pretend that it doesn't matter.

A royal humping would resonate for decades. If the boot was on the other foot and we hammered them, would we dismiss it due to Celtic having internal problems? I don't think so.

Most of us probably weren't around for that humiliation in the fifties, but even so, when we hear someone say '7-1', we still get a chill down the spine.

For them, this isn't about winning - it's about getting a cricket score. For us, it's about the moment passing without humiliation. A two or three goal defeat we can live with. We won't like it but it will quickly be forgotten.

A thrashing though - that would be the stuff of nightmares.

A thrashing though - that would be the stuff of nightmares.

Football usually does not work like that and far better Rangers teams have been trashed by the Yahoos in years gone by. Despite beating them 5-1 in the return game, the 2-6 reversal (under Advocaat?) was hard to stomach. We did, we survived, and we we played on.

The point is, this will be the 400th Old Firm game and our team have probably not looked worse in 30odd years. The Hooped Horrors may go mental about it, yet in essence, it would be a very hollow victory, no matter how high or low.

Football usually does not work like that and far better Rangers teams have been trashed by the Yahoos in years gone by. Despite beating them 5-1 in the return game, the 2-6 reversal (under Advocaat?) was hard to stomach. We did, we survived, and we we played on.

The point is, this will be the 400th Old Firm game and our team have probably not looked worse in 30odd years. The Hooped Horrors may go mental about it, yet in essence, it would be a very hollow victory, no matter how high or low.

If we were in the top tier and Celtic were struggling, would you be so quick to dismiss a Rangers win as a hollow victory?

If this goes badly for us, there will be no hiding place and no excuses.

If we were in the top tier and Celtic were struggling, would you be so quick to dismiss a Rangers win as a hollow victory?

Yes. As much as I love us beating them, they and we were never in as bad a shape as we are now.

If this goes badly for us, there will be no hiding place and no excuses.

What is it with excuses? Utter black and white mentality that is utterly out of sync. We are a second tier team in quality, standard of play, confidence plus playing and managerial staff. At this moment and time, a poor one at that. Should we lose that game, it will be exactly as it should be going by where we and where they are at the moment.

Football is still a game of chance and the better quality you have all round, the greater are your chances to win a game. We would have every right to go ballistic should our players perform on the day and get a result. Because our chances are rather slim, given the above. This "excuses" club is IMHO wielded by those who seem to think that these players who have performed woefully for these last 10 weeks or so suddenly become Premiership material again and will play out of their skin? How likely is that? We barely beat Alloa at the weekend and that is exactly our standard these days. Set our expectations accordingly and reality with regards to the outcome to the game will follow suit.

Yes. As much as I love us beating them, they and we were never in as bad a shape as we are now.

You'd be the only one then.

I can't imagine any Rangers fan describing a thrashing of Celtic as a hollow victory. Record scores are rubbed in for generations. That's what happens in keen rivalries.

We'd best hope that it doesn't happen.

What is it with excuses? Utter black and white mentality that is utterly out of sync. We are a second tier team in quality, standard of play, confidence plus playing and managerial staff. At this moment and time, a poor one at that. Should we lose that game, it will be exactly as it should be going by where we and where they are at the moment.

Football is still a game of chance and the better quality you have all round, the greater are your chances to win a game. We would have every right to go ballistic should our players perform on the day and get a result. Because our chances are rather slim, given the above. This "excuses" club is IMHO wielded by those who seem to think that these players who have performed woefully for these last 10 weeks or so suddenly become Premiership material again and will play out of their skin? How likely is that? We barely beat Alloa at the weekend and that is exactly our standard these days. Set our expectations accordingly and reality with regards to the outcome to the game will follow suit.

Did you consider our victories over them in the early to mid 90's 'hollow'?