Yes. As much as I love us beating them, they and we were never in as bad a shape as we are now.

You'd be the only one then.

I can't imagine any Rangers fan describing a thrashing of Celtic as a hollow victory. Record scores are rubbed in for generations. That's what happens in keen rivalries.

We'd best hope that it doesn't happen.

Maybe you speak for yourself? First, they need to thrash us to go on about it. Maybe I am wrong (and I have certainly not checked any Yahoo boards), but very few people go on about the 5-1 thrashing of them after our 2-6 reversal, do they? Dunno whether the Yahoos have any anniversary of their victory?

Games that stick to mind are usually those where we beat an equally strong Yahoo team (like the 5-1 game where Wilkins scored that screamer), the Lovenkrands game or the title decider at the Scumhut, with McCann scoring and Dallas receiving coin treatment. After that, you more often than not remember games with spectacular goals, like Edu's, Ehiogue's, Spackman's or indeed Mendes'. Or, for all the wrong reason's, the shame game at the Scumhut. Inbetween, there are dozens of games that come and go.

There is no doubt that the upcoming tie will be tense and nasty and important to any Old Firm fan. To what extent is up to anyone to decide for him-/herself. I for one - given current form - expect the worst and wait to be surprised. What I also expect is that all of our players give it their all - no matter how much or little that is. If they do that and are defeated, that will be that. I'm under no illusion about the capabilities of our players, whether they wear our jersey or not.Waiting for wonders and then heap scorn upon chaps that are hardly able to deliver them is not for me. The day will come when Rangers players will be of "Rangers players" standard again, folk that step into the tradition of Rangers players of the past. We can only hope that this will happen sooner rather than later.

Edited by der Berliner

Maybe you speak for yourself? First, they need to thrash us to go on about it. Maybe I am wrong (and I have certainly not checked any Yahoo boards), but very few people go on about the 5-1 thrashing of them after our 2-6 reversal, do they? Dunno whether the Yahoos have any anniversary of their victory?

Games that stick to mind are usually those where we beat an equally strong Yahoo team (like the 5-1 game where Wilkins scored that screamer), the Lovenkrands game or the title decider at the Scumhut, with McCann scoring and Dallas receiving coin treatment. After that, you more often than not remember games with spectacular goals, like Edu's, Ehiogue's, Spackman's or indeed Mendes'. Or, for all the wrong reason's, the shame game at the Scumhut. Inbetween, there are dozens of games that come and go.

There is no doubt that the upcoming tie will be tense and nasty and important to any Old Firm fan. To what extent is up to anyone to decide for him-/herself. I for one - given current form - expect the worst and wait to be surprised. What I also expect is that all of our players give it their all - no matter how much or little that is. If they do that and are defeated, that will be that. I'm under no illusion about the capabilities of our players, whether they wear our jersey or not.Waiting for wonders and then heap scorn upon chaps that are hardly able to deliver them is not for me. The day will come when Rangers players will be of "Rangers players" standard again, folk that step into the tradition of Rangers players of the past. We can only hope that this will happen sooner rather than later.

If you think a seven or eight goal doing can be glossed over, you are not just in another country, you are in a different planet.

A history-making margin of victory for them will be used to tease Rangers fans who have not been born yet - just as 7-1 did - and still does.

If you think a seven or eight goal doing can be glossed over, you are not just in another country, you are in a different planet.

A history-making margin of victory for them will be used to tease Rangers fans who have not been born yet - just as 7-1 did - and still does.

Maybe YOU come down from orbit first? I did not say anything remotely like that, so please stop putting words into my mouth.

I expect an absolute hammering.

We don't have any players capable of doing anything against this mob. The ****s are very poor - but we are on another level of rubishness !!

We are not a team.

We can barely string two forward placed passes together.

We have no cohesion.

McCulloch is dire so defence and midfield sit so deep, creating a huge gap to the forward(s)

Daly is the least mobile forward I have ever seen (followed closely by Boyd)

Defeatist attitude maybe ( think realistic)- but we don't stand a fooking chance and it will be an utter humiliation.

However - surely even when they batter us, it's just a hollow victory for them ?!. If the roles were reversed, yes, I'd have a laugh at their expense - but deep down I'd not take a massive amount of satisfaction in beating such a poor team in such a dire position.

Edited by MoodyBlue

as a boycotter i won't be going as money goes to rangers unless we get change.

though i should be top of the list having attended several previous rounds.

not that i will struggle for a ticket should we get change.

Edited by the gunslinger