At the end of the day Sir David Murray always presented himself as the custodian of our club.

He not only failed in that responsibility but, in my opinion, lied about the reasons for that failure.

The bank's influence can also be criticised but both they and Murray claim it was his sole decision so we are where we are.

Edited by Frankie

There is no questioning that David Murray made a huge mistake in selling Rangers to Craig Whyte but i genually believe that he "Sir David" regrets his decision. Instead of looking for more blood lets get behind the club and people associated with the club and show some loyalty towards Murray he gave me some great memories that i will never forget Laudrup, Gascoigne, 9iar, winning the title at parkhead , and not to mention a European final everyone can make a mistake.

lets face it there was no ebt case to answer what the club was doing was all above board and legal he chose to cut and run and left the club in the state its in today if he would have got someone on board with a sound financial pedigree none of this would have happened

lets face it there was no ebt case to answer what the club was doing was all above board and legal he chose to cut and run and left the club in the state its in today if he would have got someone on board with a sound financial pedigree none of this would have happened

I don't think that you fully understand the EBT case. There were some major doubts about it and the decision was never straightforward, and nobody could be 100% confident that we would get a result in it.

I don't think he did have a choice in selling us. Given the EBT issue and the perilous state of the rest of the group, the bank appear to have forced the sale. However that doesn't mitigate his responsibility of the problems we had and where we are now as he led the bank into that position given his financial management.

Also by that point I think he was happy enough to divest his holding as he'd lost interest for some time.

Much of that I would agree with.

But how was he forced into selling something that he had been trying to sell for a couple of years anyway ? He was looking to sell regardless. I personally don't buy the notion that Fullerton forced a sale to Whyte just to shaft us - which is, as we all know, what RangerRab is really trying to get at.

Much of that I would agree with.

But how was he forced into selling something that he had been trying to sell for a couple of years anyway ? He was looking to sell regardless. I personally don't buy the notion that Fullerton forced a sale to Whyte just to shaft us - which is, as we all know, what RangerRab is really trying to get at.

And Donald Muir was certainly well rewarded for this sale was he not?

SDM always said he'd only sell to the right person(s). And he was well warned about Whyte was he not by the likes of PM ? So why did he sell? The answer is very apparent IMO

I don't for a moment think that Fullerton had anything to do with it and don't think that Leggat's ramblings should be taken seriously.

Murray was looking to sell but had already turned down some very small bids, including one from one of the 3 bears. The bid primarily was designed to get LBG their cash back and remove the BTC risk from the LBG-controlled Murray Group. The bank were clearly calling the shots following the 2010 MIH reorganisation and had placed Muir on the board of several MIH companies including Rangers.

I believe that Murray did not have the option of refusing to sell to Whyte as the bank had control, although Murray may well have sold to him anyway if it was up to him.