There will some of you reading this who, like me, are old enough to remember the Ibrox Disaster and the aftermath. They were indeed the darkest of times, and words cannot adequately convey what it was like to live through it. I can’t begin to imagine what it was like for those who lost loved ones, but I know how bad it was for those of us who knew some of those who perished.

As a support we needed hope and Willie Waddell gave us that. He spoke of building a stadium which would stand as a testament, a memorial to those who perished that day – and he delivered. The wonderful stadium we have today is that legacy from yesteryear. I’m sure I’m not alone amongst our support who recognise our modern day Ibrox, not just as a stadium but a living memorial, a tribute to those who perished.

Ibrox is not just a stadium, it is a beacon of hope, of remembrance, of inspiration to every one of us who cast a favourable eye towards her.

Quite simply she is beyond price.

Even during the aftermath of Whyte, the fact we had a stadium and a support like ours filled me with hope and optimism for the future, even during the blackest of news days, and of course, there were many of them.

I could witter on all day about broken promises, broken assurances and cite examples, but what would be the point?

If men cannot understand the significance of their actions today, or what Ibrox means to us, the fans, then I doubt they will lose much sleep over their broken promises. As I’ve warned for some time, those currently at the helm of our club are not fit for purpose. Furthermore they clearly know nothing about our club, nor care for our traditions, our values or our history.

As a beacon which has served this support for generations is dimmed by the actions of imposters, perhaps it will prove to be the spark which brings unity and a unified sense of purpose to those who truly care about our club.

“The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.”

there have been a number of black days over the last few years but this is up there amongst the worst of them. I'm no legal or corporate ownership expert but when something isn't in the best interest of a public company surely it is illegal? This absolutely stinks of self-interest.

I've not done much to protest against all the previous crepe, so I get the point made by SBS but this hurts a lot.

It concerns me when I hear it being suggested that Rangers should never leave Ibrox. If circumstances occur where a move is perceived to be the right thing to do, we should move, but the decision should be for the fanbase - not an uninvited and unwanted owner.

We have moved before and we may well move again. Rangers is not Ibrox and Ibrox is not Rangers. If Ibrox is a memorial to those who lost their lives, a new ground in another location would be too - just as long as the flit is endorsed by the Rangers support.

Very few of us want to leave the old place, but times change. We want Rangers to be forever, but Ibrox might not be.

It concerns me when I hear it being suggested that Rangers should never leave Ibrox. If circumstances occur where a move is perceived to be the right thing to do, we should move, but the decision should be for the fanbase - not an uninvited and unwanted owner.

We have moved before and we may well move again. Rangers is not Ibrox and Ibrox is not Rangers. If Ibrox is a memorial to those who lost their lives, a new ground in another location would be too - just as long as the flit is endorsed by the Rangers support.

Very few of us want to leave the old place, but times change. We want Rangers to be forever, but Ibrox might not be.

I do agree with D'Art's sentiments, although did think about saying something similar to this earlier this evening because many of the biggest clubs in the world have built new stadiums on their existing land or in many cases even relocated to new purpose-built state of the art stadiums.

As sentimental as we are about the current Ibrox stadium, the way I see it is that a new Ibrox stadium shouldn't be completely ruled out, especially when the current stadium needs such vast amounts of work done on it.

This point is immaterial. We're not talking about going to a 60000 state of the art arena, we're talking about putting our home at risk. We would be left sharing a stadium with rent we couldn't afford. If we were moving onto better pastures this wouldn't be the same problem.

I do agree with D'Art's sentiments, although did think about saying something similar to this earlier this evening because many of the biggest clubs in the world have built new stadiums on their existing land or in many cases even relocated to new purpose-built state of the art stadiums.

As sentimental as we are about the current Ibrox stadium, the way I see it is that a new Ibrox stadium shouldn't be completely ruled out, especially when the current stadium needs such vast amounts of work done on it.

I don't think many fans want to leave Ibrox, but that doesn't mean that we should never consider the idea.

When a family moves house it is still the same family. We have to understand that Rangers and Ibrox, closely linked though they are, are not the same thing.

Rangers is a family and it will remain so whether it plays in the north, south, east or west of Glasgow. No-one can be sure what lies around the corner.

I just hope that if a move ever happens, it will be a change that meets with fan approval. I certainly don't want it to happen due to current circumstances.

Well said D'Artagnan. I stole this point and tweeted the BBC with it, & it got read out - so your point got a very wide airing. Hopefully it will encourage some more along tomorrow night.

If we ever had to leave Ibrox it would only be because we absolutely had to or there was an outstanding reason. Losing our ground, which is what this is, spiritually, to a horrible low rent shopping mall costermonger, should never be on the cards.

Well said D'Artagnan. I stole this point and tweeted the BBC with it, & it got read out - so your point got a very wide airing. Hopefully it will encourage some more along tomorrow night.

If we ever had to leave Ibrox it would only be because we absolutely had to or there was an outstanding reason. Losing our ground, which is what this is, spiritually, to a horrible low rent shopping mall costermonger, should never be on the cards.

The worst would be it would be the sports direct shoping mall with a big sd shop