What's the differences between RST and RF out of curiosity?

Hope this is still accurate! I believe that with RF if you stop contributing you lose your vote and no money refunded. With RST you can get your cash back if you leave as long as there are others still contributing.

They are both share purchase vehicles and are both run in the interests of Rangers supporters and to try to acquire enough shares to ultimately have some influence in the running of the club.

They are various small differences in ethos and ultimate aim, but for now it is only important that both are working towards the same aim, which is getting more and more Rangers shares into the hands of Rangers supporters and out of the hands, or at least dilute the ownership and influence of those currently in charge and not working in the interests of the club we all love.

Back one or other, and preferably both if you can afford it, and get as many people as you can to do the same.

BuyRangers scheme can only be used to buy shares in the club , that is the entire reason for it , the Rangersfirst scheme is different in that once 5% is achieved the RF can then engage with the club to finance whatever the RF members want/vote on ie youth development , scouting etc ( just my own personal opinion ) .

Rf is entirely non political , what ever your views are on various things , politics , religion , the way the club is run , the Easdales etc thats your personal opinion , Rf doesnt get involved its all about Rangers first and foremost, the RST are highly political and imho there is a place for both .

As said earlier with RF if you stop you lose your voting rights unless you take out the £500 , 1872club life membership ,( that was my option ) , with buyrangers you buy into a "community share" and you can after a period of time get your money back when the RST hace funds available.

Many fans like myself are members of both schemes , but its entirely up to you , I would urge all fans to join one , both can be joined from as little as £5 a month or the price of a pint

Thanks for the replies folks. I just signed up to the RST scheme.

No other reason that I just like the way they were pro active yesterday and immediately sought legal advice, I fully support that.

I hope both schemes continue to flourish.

Hope this is still accurate! I believe that with RF if you stop contributing you lose your vote and no money refunded. With RST you can get your cash back if you leave as long as there are others still contributing.

I think thats an over simplification.

BR you can potentially get your money back at the discrection of the board iirc - I'm not clear though on whether BR would have to sell shares to refund you. Similarly to RF I've seen it said that if you lapse being a member of the RST then you are no longer eligible to vote with BR

Its true that RF is pure donation system with all monies received going to buying shares in Rangers until RF get ACT (no membership fee) with one member one vote no matter how much you put in. in the future, if the 'membearship' vote on it, then RF can use the money collected in any specific way that is voted on to benefit The Rangers Community. I think the continuous nature of having to be a contributing member helps RF be more sustainable. RF also has an asset lock that ensure that the money that 'membears' are putting in will always be there to be used to benefit the Rangers Community.

At this stage though we need fans buying shares so I'm happy with anyone choosing either.

Edited by WATP_Greg

They are both share purchase vehicles and are both run in the interests of Rangers supporters and to try to acquire enough shares to ultimately have some influence in the running of the club.

They are various small differences in ethos and ultimate aim, but for now it is only important that both are working towards the same aim, which is getting more and more Rangers shares into the hands of Rangers supporters and out of the hands, or at least dilute the ownership and influence of those currently in charge and not working in the interests of the club we all love.

Back one or other, and preferably both if you can afford it, and get as many people as you can to do the same.

Cheers. Joined one now as a result of that info.