I'd say that the support are uniting tonight. It's noticeable that the RFB are not playing any part in it.

I don't think that's in any doubt.

However it seems that all the RFB are is collators. They collate the questions from the fans, meekly pass them on to the board and relay the answers. It seems like it's a job anyone can do. (apologies FS, but that's what it's coming across as).

If that's what people want then fine, but I don't think it is. We want people in there fighting on our behalf and not being scared to stand up to the directors, and having the credibility to walk away on a point of principle.

If the only response from a fans group on yesterday's news is to say they have requested information and are "concerned" then it proves the point. I get the feeling that they would have preferred to have used a more watered down word than concerned in case they upset anyone within the club but couldn't find one.

The RIFC board will not sanction a body that poses a threat to their own interests, period.

The real problem is in and around the RIFC board, the RFB are a powerless irrelevance in these matters and are currently demonstrating what most of us knew..........

Until we rid ourselves of RIFC directors who are more interested in themselves or related parties we will never have a chance of securing a firm base to build upon, including any fans representation.

What do people expect the fan's board to say here? They can issue any amount of statements but in reality they are powerless to prevent the board doing whatever they want. We all are.

To criticise the fan's board for being impotent on this is to miss the point that all fans are impotent currently. Do any of us think the board didn't know what the reaction to this was going to be? Do any of us think a strongly worded criticism of this potential action would make any difference to the ultimate decision?

None of that means a fan's board isn't a good idea. They can still give input on subjects, they can still provide a formal conduit between the club and the support, but people have to be realistic about what they can influence. The time and energy expended could be much better spent. If people want to make the directors know about their anger over this then arrange a large, noisy, legal protest outside McGills bus depot or even better outside the distribution hub of Sport's Direct. Take the fight to them.

Everyone on this messageboard knows how Forlan's Sister feels about the club and it's current custodians, it's fair to assume our board of directors do too. It's not his or anyone else's fault they don't care.

What do people expect the fan's board to say here? They can issue any amount of statements but in reality they are powerless to prevent the board doing whatever they want. We all are.

To criticise the fan's board for being impotent on this is to miss the point that all fans are impotent currently. Do any of us think the board didn't know what the reaction to this was going to be? Do any of us think a strongly worded criticism of this potential action would make any difference to the ultimate decision?

None of that means a fan's board isn't a good idea. They can still give input on subjects, they can still provide a formal conduit between the club and the support, but people have to be realistic about what they can influence. The time and energy expended could be much better spent. If people want to make the directors know about their anger over this then arrange a large, noisy, legal protest outside McGills bus depot or even better outside the distribution hub of Sport's Direct. Take the fight to them.

Everyone on this messageboard knows how Forlan's Sister feels about the club and it's current custodians, it's fair to assume our board of directors do too. It's not his or anyone else's fault they don't care.

Thanks for pointing out something which hasn't been levelled at anyone on the RFB. :facepalm:

As for your assertion that all fans are impotent, I beg to differ. Those who currently fund them by purchasing individual match tickets or by shopping for Rangers merchandise can most certainly do something effective.

The viability of the club and of any proposal going forward depends on the fans financial support.

If broadly unified in collective opinion and radical enough, the support could at a stroke show the RIFC board that the Ashley proposal didn't have a hope in hell of working. The recent events are for the first time in a long while, unifying supporter opinion.

The support do have power and this is why the likes of Irvine has played such an important part in this whole soap opera. Note that we had McMurdo's 'timely' propaganda piece appear yesterday.

Edited by buster.

Thanks for advice, Craig.

I think you will understand why I feel agrieved but sorry if my posts come across in the manner you suggest.

That said, I don't apologise for suggesting that the RFB do what they're supposed to do namely:

• The Fans Board will provide a platform for supporters to communicate directly with key Club staff in a structured manner
  • Give the Club greater insight into the topics and issues that most affect and concern the wider Rangers fanbase

I would have posted the same comments as at #13 had I never beeen a member of the Board.

I absolutely understand why you feel aggrieved and, regardless of opinion on you BH, the Club undoubtedly treated you poorly and unjustly. Some may disagree with that but if looked at through objective glasses most would agree.

But, sadly, some will see your posting as deliberately antagonistic because of what happened to you. That won't have people rushing to your side or in support of you.

You have always been in a no-win situation since even your RST days - I applaud your tenacity but I don't envy you one jot.

Agreed - this is actually a very big moment for them in terms of showing themselves to be independent of the club.

To take this one step further - if the RFB do not come out in "protest" at what is happening I would contend that the RFB effectively makes itself a busted flush.

Fans, unanimously, are against the security over MP and Ibrox - the RFB, who are apparently representing the fans, know this unreservedly. So..... their next move may not make them but it could certainly break them. It could break them from either side in fact - come out in protest and the Club could disband them (showing the farce of "engagement" we were promised) or it could break them from a fans perspective (not representing the fans wishes as intended).

This is already a watershed moment for the RFB.

Like or loathe, Chris Graham, the RST, SoS are leading the way on this situation by being swift and blunt about the latest developments.

A bit harsh. The intention of having one representation group the club will speak to instead of talking to 6 different ones - all essentially asking the same questions over and over again - made sense. It was sure not the way Ashley and Co. dealt or intent to deal with supporters. So whatever useful and good intentions there were have essentially been stopped dead with Ashley's power grab. At this moment and time, it looks like the RFB is hung out to dry like any other supporters group. Whether that continues remains to be seen, pending on how the War for Ibrox and Rangers finishes.

Harsh ?

I dont thinks so.

Why would any Rangers fan co-operate or work with a board, who are incompetent, negligent and renege on their promises ? They are not, unlike the RFB, working on behalf of the club but working on the best deals for themselves.

The set up and nature of this board relies on trust - this board (the Rangers Board not the RFB) by their actions have completely destroyed any sembelance of trust which remained.

Edited by D'Artagnan

To take this one step further - if the RFB do not come out in "protest" at what is happening I would contend that the RFB effectively makes itself a busted flush.

Fans, unanimously, are against the security over MP and Ibrox - the RFB, who are apparently representing the fans, know this unreservedly. So..... their next move may not make them but it could certainly break them. It could break them from either side in fact - come out in protest and the Club could disband them (showing the farce of "engagement" we were promised) or it could break them from a fans perspective (not representing the fans wishes as intended).

This is already a watershed moment for the RFB.

Like or loathe, Chris Graham, the RST, SoS are leading the way on this situation by being swift and blunt about the latest developments.

I think the numbers of fans who actually voted in the RFB elections has to be taken into account when looking at the issue of representation.

IIRC we were told that 683 voted for FS.

Then look at the numbers of empty blue seats and approximately 15,000 shortfall in ST numbers for this season.

ps. that isn't meant as a slight on FS. It is simply to illustrate a general point.

Edited by buster.

A bit harsh. The intention of having one representation group the club will speak to instead of talking to 6 different ones - all essentially asking the same questions over and over again - made sense. It was sure not the way Ashley and Co. dealt or intent to deal with supporters. So whatever useful and good intentions there were have essentially been stopped dead with Ashley's power grab. At this moment and time, it looks like the RFB is hung out to dry like any other supporters group. Whether that continues remains to be seen, pending on how the War for Ibrox and Rangers finishes.

It made no sense at all. Focusing communication on a party setup by the club is nonsensical.

Even a this late stage the RFB members could speak out against the board. Their silence tells me everything I need to know about this sham of an organisation and the type of fan it attracted (with one exception).

Surely FS must see that the greater good takes priority over individual grievances. The RFB should announce their resignations and let it be known they will be a the the main doors tonight at 7pm