I should've said they all did they've known for weeks Ashley was gonna make his move

Surely you can only make your move when you have a high degree of confidence that you have the 51% or when you have no choice but to play your last hand in the poker game that we have?

Although Ashley's £10m loan against the stadium etc could be seen as a master stroke by some, ironically it may well be the move that backfires against him most, as it could be that move that swung the vote in the 'good guys' favour. Before Ashley made that move nobody could really be 100% sure of the percentage of the 'supporters' vote that would go the way of King and 3TB as our fans are so divided and fragmented on so many fronts. The backlash to Ashleys 'Ibrox' move was so strong and united the fans in such a way (that previously seemed unthinkable) that it could have been the catalyst for the confidence to call the EGM.

Ashely and the board will be trying to get support from anywhere. I will not be surprised if a large block of shares end up in the bad guy's hands. After all they have millions to lose so putting in a few mill would soon be recycled.

There aren't many "neutral" institutional shareholders left and only River and Mercantile would make enough of a difference to make it worthwhile.

They've already sold some to King and I'm sure that he'll have an agreement with them that they'll vote the right way.

I guess someone could make them an offer they couldn't refuse, but I doubt it.

If they are willing to give a good price for the shares then a hedge fund may be happy to cut their losses and sell. As I said they have a lot to lose if forensic Accountants find any descrepencies.

Snatched from FF

@LukeEdwardsTele:

Just a warning but someone told me today Ashley will give up on Rangers project. Doesn't bode well for #nufc exit, although might be wrong

Luke Edwards - writer for daily and Sunday telegraph for the North east