Thought you were talking about the relative tax situations.

FWIW I don't think Easdale is a "puppet"

I see Easdale as a puppeteer who works for a company which does puppet shows. The likes of Mather, Wallace and Somers are the (willing) puppets who get handsome rewards for their time.

SARS being under investigation will have no bearing on the SFA ruling. That will still be rumbling on long after King and Murray apply to the football authorities.

I wasn't implying that King would be breaking any laws, just that it wouldn't be a compelling argument for a new era of transparency.

"SARS being under investigation will have no bearing on the SFA ruling". I'm not so sure about that. It is an unprecedented situation. I'm quite sure that if the SFA were to take a hard line against King, his legal team would go into overdrive against the SFA by suggesting that they are accepting information from what could prove to have been a highly corrupt investigation. They could argue that King should be deemed fit and proper until those investigations are over. Granted the SFA could take the 'guilty until proven innocent' approach regarding DK and the SARS corruption case. (This is all hypothetical though as I think they will pass him fit and proper anyway).

Because he is not the figurehead doesn't mean there would be a lack drive for transparency. I don't get that point. As has been pointed out, the lack of transparency at the moment in regards to Sandy Easdale is not down to his position. It's down to the person himself and the people his is clearly working with.

I can understand where you are coming from, but I think it would be totally different if the good guys got in. There would be enough strong key people on the board to be accountable and ensure transparency.

1. He wouldn't be the first person to do so, although I do think that he has had reassurance on the matter.

2. The SA authorities do not have a say in this, so that is neither here nor there.

If SA law/regulation/authorities don't have a say, then who would ?

"SARS being under investigation will have no bearing on the SFA ruling". I'm not so sure about that. It is an unprecedented situation. I'm quite sure that if the SFA were to take a hard line against King, his legal team would go into overdrive against the SFA by suggesting that they are accepting information from what could prove to have been a highly corrupt investigation. They could argue that King should be deemed fit and proper until those investigations are over. Granted the SFA could take the 'guilty until proven innocent' approach regarding DK and the SARS corruption case. (This is all hypothetical though as I think they will pass him fit and proper anyway).

Because he is not the figurehead doesn't mean there would be a lack drive for transparency. I don't get that point. As has been pointed out, the lack of transparency at the moment in regards to Sandy Easdale is not down to his position. It's down to the person himself and the people his is clearly working with.

I can understand where you are coming from, but I think it would be totally different if the good guys got in. There would be enough strong key people on the board to be accountable and ensure transparency.

I have already said that I am not bracketing King with Easdale, but the next chapter should be one where things are done properly and above board. I will leave it at that.

Nothing is straightforward and regards DK, it won't be newspapers, messageboards, bloggers or spindoctors who would make any decisions on any representative involvement with Rangers, although they will try and influence supporters opinions and instill doubt.

Phil McMurdo is already spinning this -

'The problem is apparently a filing mistake involving a rule in Company Law covering directorial changes via the mechanism of an EGM.

If this is the case it would mean that swift changes put forward by King will have to wait, unless he goes the route of trying to get the Court of Session to have a meeting called. King and other factions seeking to gain power are already skirting the issue of being declared a concert party, something which could trigger an expensive payout for them.

Sources tell me that the issue revolves around the amount of time required to call an EGM for directorial changes and that this could take up to 70 days, which is a long time in the Ibrox saga – and a lifetime more than the 44 days mentioned in the media'.

The whole 'campaign' against King is nothing new, I remember hearing incessantly that King couldn't take 10p out of SA due to SARS, and look how that turned out.

It will get cranked up no doubt, and you know he's on the right track when the likes of Phil McMurdo and Smith are going out of their way to 'target' him.

Go get them Davy!!

Phil McMurdo is already spinning this -

'The problem is apparently a filing mistake involving a rule in Company Law covering directorial changes via the mechanism of an EGM.

If this is the case it would mean that swift changes put forward by King will have to wait, unless he goes the route of trying to get the Court of Session to have a meeting called. King and other factions seeking to gain power are already skirting the issue of being declared a concert party, something which could trigger an expensive payout for them.

Sources tell me that the issue revolves around the amount of time required to call an EGM for directorial changes and that this could take up to 70 days, which is a long time in the Ibrox saga – and a lifetime more than the 44 days mentioned in the media'.

The whole 'campaign' against King is nothing new, I remember hearing incessantly that King couldn't take 10p out of SA due to SARS, and look how that turned out.

It will get cranked up no doubt, and you know he's on the right track when the likes of Phil McMurdo and Smith are going out of their way to 'target' him.

Go get them Davy!!

Is there any truth to McMurdo's claim on the timescale?