In all honesty, drawing up yet another blacklist has to be near the bottom of any new board's to-do list.

King putting himself forward, this...I'd hoped for eyes to be more on the ball than this.

Blacklists and invisible cabal hunting aren't constructive.

It's living in a 'pretend world' when real challanges have to be faced and solutions found.

Edited by buster.

There are certain journos, we all know who they are, that offer no impartiality where our club is concerned. The tims have had the media all sewn up for many a long year, and their CEO allows no impartial or unwarranted criticism of the club to be written/aired without consequences of losing their rights of access, and a dressing down from their boss. We are looking for parity, no more no less.

No more cheap shots that go unanswered, no more denegration of our fanbase, no more lies about riots at the front door that did not happen. I cant see why any Bear would have a problem with this.

There are certain journos, we all know who they are, that offer no impartiality where our club is concerned. The tims have had the media all sewn up for many a long year, and their CEO allows no impartial or unwarranted criticism of the club to be written/aired without consequences of losing their rights of access, and a dressing down from their boss. We are looking for parity, no more no less.

No more cheap shots that go unanswered, no more denegration of our fanbase, no more lies about riots at the front door that did not happen. I cant see why any Bear would have a problem with this.

I have no real problem with it, but how would it stop any of the above stories from being penned? The Telegraph are an example in point. They were banned from Newcastle, yet they still dish up the dirt on Ashley, indeed, they probably dig deeper than they did originally.

Edited by Rangersitis

Until you sort out the root problems you are whistling in the wind.

eg. To a degree Green took on board this route of gaining favour amongst the fanbase. He did it in a way which was playing to a gallary rather than being constructive, ie. using it for his own interests.

eg. Whyte took on the BBC (post October'12 documentary) and it not only hijacked a fan protest at Pacific Quay but helped blind much of the support to what was in front of them.

Our main and most damaging issue with the media over a number of years has been Jack Irvine/Mediahouse and he will use all what he considers as good material to further the interests of his remit. This includes indirectly whipping up hysteria against X and Y or promoting A or B for so doing.

I have no real problem with it, but how would it stop any of the above stories from being penned? The Telegraph are a example in point. They were banned from Newcastle, yet they still dish up the dirt on Ashley, indeed, they probably dig deeper than they did originally.

The cabal of veteran Rangers haters within Scotland ain't that great. Its essentially the same people that wrote their bile for the last 10 to 30 years. We are not exactly speak about banning newspapers per se, or news stations per se. But individuals who have their own agenda and can't stop writing half and ful lies without any repercussion whatsoever. I don't think that the editors of the papers and station will stand a ban for their "flagships" or "experts" for too long. A few energetic and ess agenda driven people may queue outside the bureaus waiting to fill any gap that presents itself, and most probably for less money than the aforementioned dinosaurs.

BTW, for those who staunchling think that we have to sort out ourselves first ... no-one says that this cannot go hand in hand. I would expect that any regime-change will see Mediahouse & Co. being chased beyond the horizon.

Edited by der Berliner

Has he not been watching the events in France and further afield since the attack on free speech by Muslim extremists?

Are you honestly comparing unsubstantiated attacks, lies and slander by Phil 3 names, McNally etc with the events in Paris. FFS no wonder we are free game for anyone fancying a pot shot!! :facepalm::facepalm: