I believe all protests carried out by supporters groups MUST remain dignified, the legitimate sentiments being expressed echo louder.

A loss of discipline is what the detractors are relying on, most in both broadcast and print media have settled on Friday night's events being poisonous. This allows them to lazily revert to time honoured modes of reporting all things Rangers and supporters. For protest to work effectively, you MUST control the narrative. Maintain discipline and we have a chance.

One question I have is - what is an 80 year old man doing being put in that position - or what is he actually doing putting himslef in that 'delicate' position ??

IMO neither George or Liz were duty bound to even get involved on Friday night. There were several police there and they should have stood back and let them do what needed to be done.

This whole thing is being blown out of propoition. Boko Haram didn't storm the building ffs !!

either way - there are bigger issues to be discussed and dealt with, starting with the continued raping and murdering of our club by a number of individuals.

Edited by MoodyBlue

One question I have is - what is an 80 year old man doing being put in that position - or what is he actually doing putting himslef in that 'delicate' position ??

IMO neither George or Liz were duty bound to even get involved on Friday night. There were several police there and they should have stood back and let them do what needed to be done.

This whole thing is being blown out of propoition. Boko Haram didn't storm the building ffs !!

either way - there are bigger issues to be discussed and dealt with, starting with the continued raping and murdering of our club by a number of individuals.

Ah so it's their fault for getting hurt by a few idiots whilst in their place of work? Pretty sure that '80 year old man' does it because he loves Rangers as much as you or I. Pretty sure countless people who worked at Rangers have been removed unfairly, without proper recompense. Those idiots shouldn't behave like that. They've distracted attention from the real protest. The one that was loud and proud. That was being covered by the media. Their actions - whether we agree to fault by association or not - tarnished the protesters and the Rangers support as a whole.

I find it incredible you would seek to lay any form of blame at the door of George or Liz.

If people are assaulted then we have a duty to make sure it doesn't happen again. Many people - not least the media and even other Rangers fans - are using this an excuse to belittle what was a strong and united message from the Rangers support. That has to be examined and the possibility removed for the next protest.

Yes, as usual Rangers comes a poor second to their pathetic point scoring for some.

I believe all protests carried out by supporters groups MUST remain dignified, the legitimate sentiments being expressed echo louder.

A loss of discipline is what the detractors are relying on, most in both broadcast and print media have settled on Friday night's events being poisonous. This allows them to lazily revert to time honoured modes of reporting all things Rangers and supporters. For protest to work effectively, you MUST control the narrative. Maintain discipline and we have a chance.

i don't remember any of this attitude from the press when the celtc fans were physically assaulting their board.

That could really catch on with those who attend Ibrox. Banners, t-shirts and wristbands could be sold in huge numbers.

i was merely being sensible about what will happen. i am not advocating it.

if the board continue as before or heaven forbid worse no amount of talk will stop things getting nasty. the celtc fans subjected their board to a hail of mars bars. that may end up being tame.

Didn't think you were old chap !

The current 'heavyweight' incumbents don't deserve mars bars, they'd just pick them up and eat them,.....better the old 'penny chews'

;)

...:seal:

Can we all join together in expressing our condemnation of those who took part in the singing of a song titled 'The Billy Boys' at Ibrox Stadium on Friday night. It seems to have been missed by those of us mired in self-loathing. We really shouldn't let such an opportunity pass us by.

Can we all join together in expressing our condemnation of those who took part in the singing of a song titled 'The Billy Boys' at Ibrox Stadium on Friday night. It seems to have been missed by those of us mired in self-loathing. We really shouldn't let such an opportunity pass us by.

On two broadcasts over the weekend, Tom English has drawn attention, "to another bout of sectarian singing" on three separate occasions. Don't worry, it hasn't been missed, in fact it's being celebrated by the usual suspects.

The Herald's Senior Reporter, Gerry Braiden is on the front page today, putting a particular spin on the Wetherspoons story. He is controlling the narrative, preparing the ground for the eventuality of any troubles surrounding the up coming old firm match. Gerry is pointing a finger, leading the reader to conclude the major cause of the bother.