http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/12218558.html

he Company announces that it has received a notice dated 16 January 2015 under Section 303 of the Companies Act 2006 ("the Act") from New Oasis Asset Management Limited ("New Oasis"), a company 100% owned by the Family Trust of Dave King. The notice states that New Oasis holds 11,869,505 Ordinary Shares of 1p each in the Company amounting to 14.57% of the voting rights of the Company.

New Oasis requires Rangers to call a general meeting of the Company and to put certain resolutions to Shareholders for inclusion in the business at such a general meeting (the "Notice"). The Notice puts forward resolutions for the removal of David Somers, Derek Llambias, Barry Leach and James Easdale as directors of the Company, and the Appointment of David King, Paul Murray and John Gilligan as directors of the Company.

The Company is currently verifying that the Notice is properly constituted. If valid, the Board intends to seek to have such Notice withdrawn in order to avoid the cost and disruption of an ad hoc general meeting. The AIM Rules require that all individuals appointed to the board of an AIM company are suitable to be a director of a UK public company.

If the Notice is valid and is not withdrawn, the Directors intend to recommend that Shareholders vote against the proposed resolutions. A circular will be sent to shareholders in accordance with the Act, however in the meantime the Directors will not be distracted from the more important matter of securing the future of the business. A further announcement will be made shortly.

Time for Shackleton to earn his bonus from his fellow crooks. Looks like they are not going to go quietly.

Fairly standard reply.

They replied to the Ashley request of a General Meeting saying..........."The Board is united in its support of the executive team. If the Notice is valid and is not withdrawn, the Directors intend to recommend that Shareholders vote against the proposed resolutions"

Two days later Somers wrote that e-mail which contradicted the above a tadge......."“Meanwhile I have received a formal proposal for a deal from Dave King and my board are clamouring for a board call to discuss it and no doubt approve it. A board on which James and I are in a minority."

Edited by buster.

I think the rather panicked reaction the other day of quattro/bawsburst/ibroxbound should tell us how confident the current board are of their blazer longevity...

The politics within could be a little more complicated given that you have Irvine representing the Easdale block and any alliance to MASH/Ashley may not necessarily endure.

The big differences this time are that the 'good guys' seem to have a stakeholding that genuinely threatens the incumbents, the general feeling within a more unified support and an increased awareness of spoiling tactics. However Ashley still holds good cards and much depends on how he wants to play it.

I think the rather panicked reaction the other day of quattro/bawsburst/ibroxbound should tell us how confident the current board are of their blazer longevity...

I haven't a clue who these people are...haven't been on much for a while I know but are they new nicknames for board people or bloggers?

I haven't a clue who these people are...haven't been on much for a while I know but are they new nicknames for board people or bloggers?

Just some user-names quattro (aka wabashcannonball etc etc) goes under elsewhere.

This person has plenty more though - hiding behind a range of aliases, IPs and proxies to enable division and mischief within the Rangers community. He/she is an affront to our football club.