I see Rangers First are at over 4k members now, as are the RST

The example of Hearts having over 8k members paying in every month was often held up as something we should be quite easily topping with the size of our support

Well now we have matched it, and will overtake it at the current rate of sign ups, quite an achievement considering its not backed by the club the way Hearts is

I think as the schemes grow, and the numbers look more impressive, people who were not sure will be more likely to say "this could actually work" and sign up

Its just a shame in typical Rangers fan fashion its split into 2 factions.. if it was one scheme sitting at 8k and rising steadily every day things would look very rosy for fan ownership imo

Any chance of the 2 merging?

Not likely they're going to merge unfortunately and while each scheme may have that number, I think there will be quite a lot of folk members of both so the total number maybe somewhere below what Hearts have.

However, there's no doubt both schemes have had a big surge in interest/members recently and it's good to see their hard work paying off.

IMHO, there's no doubt Park and/or King will be looking to involve the fans ala Budge/Hutchison going forward so it's important that we can demonstrate unity of opinion when it comes to fan ownership.

The example of Hearts having over 8k members paying in every month was often held up as something we should be quite easily topping with the size of our support

Well now we have matched it, and will overtake it at the current rate of sign ups, quite an achievement considering its not backed by the club the way Hearts is

I think as the schemes grow, and the numbers look more impressive, people who were not sure will be more likely to say "this could actually work" and sign up

Its just a shame in typical Rangers fan fashion its split into 2 factions.. if it was one scheme sitting at 8k and rising steadily every day things would look very rosy for fan ownership imo

Great post, good idea.

In simple terms, due to the way both of the companies are set up, there is no way they will be able to merge. Not without some lengthy changes to their constitutions.

The differences are technical, but thats the basis of it.

But at the end of the day, in the short to medium term, both are focused on raising funds for share acquisition, so ultimately have the same aim. Its not until this is achieved that the differences will matter.

I signed up to Rangers First and not the RST one purely because I'm not a member of the RST and I'm not sure I want to be, so Rangers First has been great. I'm pretty sure I've seen both schemes talking to & about each other and promoting both schemes.

I signed up to Rangers First and not the RST one purely because I'm not a member of the RST and I'm not sure I want to be, so Rangers First has been great. I'm pretty sure I've seen both schemes talking to & about each other and promoting both schemes.

To participate in Buy Rangers you need to be a member, this is a legal requirement. Not something we made up. Perhaps RF doesn't come into this as they are donation based.

I think that merging is a silly idea. It is quite depressing to see it repeated constantly.

Having two schemes gives people a choice about how to participate. There are a number of reasons to prefer one and not be interested in the other. As a result more people do participate.