I wouldn't be surprised either but in order to be effective they need to act together and that would be so much easier if it was one organisation.

Yes, it would be much easier.

It would also be much easier if both organisations had exactly the same aims but I can't be sure that is the case.

Given that we have a range of opinions* among the support the status quo works well enough. When the various schemes have common ground cooperation can happen. When this is not the case each scheme is free to do as it pleases.

* perhaps good to remember that the Vanguard Bears also have something on the go at the moment. Should we ask them to merge too or cooperate when willing and able?

I would not be surprised if both schemes held 5% between them, in 12 months, with the current setup still in place.

I would be given that either there's a couple of dilutive shares issues on the way or we're f*&ked.

I'm not convinced that they can gain a meaningful holding within a plc structure I believe it would easier with a private company.

RF's average contribution I think is just above £10 - although that was before the large upsurge in membership

Thanks, that's the figue I have used in all my calculations.

Do you know if they are holding moiney back as was originally intended on a 50/50 basis so as to ensure they have money to invest in new issue(s) to avoid dilution or are they going for broke and buying all the shares they can at the moment?

Still waiting for plgsarmy or anyone from RST to state their number of regular conrtribitors and the average amount.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I would be given that either there's a couple of dilutive shares issues on the way or we're f*&ked.

That's a fair point, that would make it more difficult.

Correct me if I'm wrong but both schemes will have an opportunity to buy shares from any share issue at a good price, right?

Good progress is subjective. Neither scheme is anywhere near their goals, nor do their goals look realistic any time soon.

Please accept the humblest of apologies.

I will use objective terminology, such as 'going nowhere', on all such occasions in future.

That's a fair point, that would make it more difficult.

Correct me if I'm wrong but both schemes will have an opportunity to buy shares from any share issue at a good price, right?

Yes but there will probably be at least double the amount of shares in issue by the end of the year I honestly doubt they'll be able to maintain their holdings.

Yes but there will probably be at least double the amount of shares in issue by the end of the year I honestly doubt they'll be able to maintain their holdings.

It would be great for fans to have control over a substantial shareholding at the end of the year, but IMHO the most important target for both schemes is to have as large a shareholding as possible at the time of the EGM. It's going to be close - especially since the pro-board blocks will try desperately to tip the balance in their favour between now and the big day. It's entirely possible that votes from fan-controlled shares will swing it.

Edited by Thinker

To participate in Buy Rangers you need to be a member, this is a legal requirement. Not something we made up. Perhaps RF doesn't come into this as they are donation based.

I didn't say it was something that you made up, merely that I don't want to be a member at the moment, so Rangers First suits me better. On a personal level. There was no dig involved.