McDowell never wanted the job and seems to be saying he's unable to do it. We should respect that.

Gordon Durie stepped down as East Fife manager because the of the toll it was taking on his health, there's no way he's capable of taking the Rangers job, even short term.

If Jig does get the job on a temporary basis I hope we all support him. It's worth remembering that the mess the club is in is not the fault of any of the three men named above.

It's imperative now someone is appointed who genuinely wants the job and should be brought in ASAP. That person is going to have the responsibility of recruiting virtually a whole new first team squad for next season regardless of what division we're in

This isn't a huge surprise as McDowall didn't look comfortable with the position at any point.

As for his replacement, well, it could be anyone but I doubt there will be an external appointment.

Will there be a replacement ? Or will KMcD see out his 12 months are caretaker?

No one currently at the club would take the job unless someone like Jig or KM which would be too big a risk IMO

Will there be a replacement ? Or will KMcD see out his 12 months are caretaker?

No one currently at the club would take the job unless someone like Jig or KM which would be too big a risk IMO

No he's stepped down as caretaker I think and will just resume his original duties though it's clear as mud on that.

Edited by Frankie

Are you saying he's stepped down as caretaker ? So who's in charge then?

Not how I understood things.

I really don't know.

Like I say, the statement isn't overly clear: i.e. is he fulfilling his normal duties as caretaker manager or assistant manager as he's contracted for? Or will he be put on gardening leave in a few days?

Difficult to form an accurate conclusion.

Well, we'll wait 24 or so hours and will sure get some answer.

I'd like to think so but don't bank on it.

What I don't understand is why KMcD agreed to take on the caretaker role in the first place. He's resigned for 'personal reasons'. What are these 'personal reasons' ?

What I don't understand is why KMcD agreed to take on the caretaker role in the first place. He's resigned for 'personal reasons'. What are these 'personal reasons' ?

Rabbit caught in the headlights. Party-politics is not his business and he was just rolled over by the facts on the day. He sure did not want the job. Could well be that the strain on the family became to great, sleepless nights et al. At the end of the day, it does not matter (not least when you see his team selections).

Edited by der Berliner

reasons personal to him he doesn't want people to know about obviously.

though it's likely just an excuse to get out of a job he never wanted.