No he's stepped down as caretaker I think and will just resume his original duties though it's clear as mud on that.

That's not how I read it. If you resign then you are leaving the company. He's working his notice, presumably carrying on as caretaker.

That's not how I read it. If you resign then you are leaving the company. He's working his notice, presumably carrying on as caretaker.

Like every club announcement nowadays it's certainly not clear IMO.

I don't think we'll know for sure until this time next week: firstly if he actually manages the team on Saturday and, even if he does, if the board subsequently plans to put him on gardening leave.

If he is to carry on as first team manager that would take the level of self-harming dysfunctionality of our football operation to new levels and it would be a matter of time before it hit a wall doing 90mph (probably 12 days).

If he is to stay in charge, it may be that they want him to stay for the Celtic game so as they can 'offer a head' in the wake of an expected bad result.

We have become the longest running Monty Python sketch for the world to laugh at.

Edited by buster.

I'd have thought Stuart McCall would be a decent, affordable appointment until season end. A trick was missed by not approaching Alex Neil, as a poster offered a couple of weeks ago.

Agreed wrt Alex Neil, I think he may go onto become a top class manager.

Although I doubt he'd have wanted the Rangers job in the present circumstances.