Andy Goram: You think Friday’s scenes were bad?

THINK Friday night’s scenes at Ibrox were bad? Well, you ain’t seen NOTHING yet!

Rangers fans have had to put up with plenty in the last three years.

But giving up the title rights to Ibrox and Murray Park would be a step too far.

The aggro after the Hearts game was totally unacceptable. But sell the rights to the stadium and the training ground and the Rangers board will see some real social unrest. Don’t get me wrong — what happened at Ibrox on Friday was out of order.

There were a couple of staff I know at Argyle House who were injured when fans stormed the place. That’s completely unacceptable.

The fans are right to be unhappy but there’s ways and means of showing it and what went on the other night is taking it too far.

It was live on BT and people all over the country saw it.

You can argue a lot of the kids who were involved in what went on looked so young they wouldn’t remember who played for the Rangers team of the 90s — me included.

Leaving that aside, it wasn’t a proud night for the club.

But people have their breaking points.

And the majority of fans feel the way I do — that giving up the rights to Ibrox and Murray Park would be suicide.

That’s not just because they’d be going to Mike Ashley. Giving them to anyone would be wrong.

If Mike Ashley’s going to be around — and everything at the moment suggests he is — why can’t he work alongside Dave King?

Like most people, I feel as if there’s something we’re not being told about what’s going on.

The club have had three offers from various people, none of which asked for Ibrox to be put up as security, and have knocked them all back.

Why?

Dave King wants to call an EGM which would see most of the current board removed.

There have been suggestions both Dave and Paul Murray’s backgrounds would be a problem.

But if that’s the case, and the well-being of the club is the key, why couldn’t Douglas Park be the frontman?

If they were to present a united front and take charge, they could pay Ashley’s loan off and all he’d have would be the rights to merchandising.

David Somers told the Rangers AGM last month he had not been prepared to use Ibrox as security — but now it’s a great option for a £10million loan.

Ashley’s been clever in all of this but that doesn’t disguise what the repercussions would be if he called in his loan.

The downward spiral would continue and the club would be looking at a second administration.

Fans are already voting with their feet — which, in this of all weeks, is a real shame.

I’m desperate to go to Ibrox on Sunday for Fernando Ricksen’s benefit game.

It should be a great warm-up to the Old Firm game next week.

It’s an amazing cause for an amazing man who’s dear to the hearts of Rangers fans.

It’s a fantastic opportunity for older fans to see the likes of Arthur Numan, Marco Negri and Jorg Albertz in action and for younger ones to see names they’ve maybe only seen on TV.

I’d love there to be a full house at the game — just as I’d love to see the likes of Ally McCoist and Richard Gough being there.

I take the point that it’s not about the nine-in-a-row team and that neither of them played with Fernando. But neither did I.

I’m sure the Rangers fans would love to see two guys who are genuine legends being back at the club.

It will also give fans a rare chance to see Marco in action.

I thought he got a rough ride from people. They thought because he didn’t celebrate his goals wildly that he was a bit of a loner.

That was harsh. He had a different personality, sure.

But he’s a smashing lad and I’m looking forward to seeing him.

http://www.cfclatest.com/2013/01/20/andy-goram-you-think-fridays-scenes-were-bad/

Budge to seek answers over reports of Ibrox trouble

ANN BUDGE insists questions have to be asked after Hearts fans claimed they were attacked at Ibrox on Friday night.

The Tynecastle chief has launched an investigation into reports of trouble after the Jambos' Championship clash with Rangers was abandoned due to snow and ice on the pitch.

Online comments, videos and pictures allege that there were incidents between the fans of both clubs inside and outside the stadium after the final whistle, with the game called off midway through the first half.

Budge was critical of the conduct of Celtic fans during their visit to Gorgie earlier in the campaign.

And she will seek clarity into the events at Ibrox before deciding whether to take any further action.

She said: "We've had lots of things being checked and double checked. Clearly there are some questions we need to ask.

"Whether it is Hearts fans or any other fans, if you see that sort of thing happening then you need to be asking questions. We have to find out the facts as best we can and take it from there."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/budge-to-seek-answers-over-reports-of-ibrox-trouble-194868n.116502296

We were in BF1 on Friday but from our seats as the game was abandoned there just looked to be some handbags between a few dozen fans in the Govan West Corner.

Didn't see anything outside and, by the time the Jambos left, I'd have though there would be more of them than bears still in the stadium.

We were in BF1 on Friday but from our seats as the game was abandoned there just looked to be some handbags between a few dozen fans in the Govan West Corner.

Didn't see anything outside and, by the time the Jambos left, I'd have though there would be more of them than bears still in the stadium.

Yes - it was handbags. Not one Rangers or Hearts fan came into contact with one another in the stadium. A few paces taken towards the segregation line was all it was. It was 'pavement dancing' from both sides. A non event.

Edited by MoodyBlue