A few months ago rbr suggested that likeminded Gersnet members could donate towards a lifetime membership of Rangers First. There was reasonable level of interest at the time, but for whatever reason it didn't translate into action.

A lot has happened since then in the struggle for control of Rangers and the recent requisition for an EGM has galvanised supporter opinion, leading to large numbers of new sign-ups for both RangersFirst and the RST's BuyRangers scheme.

The Gers Forum were among those signing up this week, having raised £1000 in 24 hours to buy 2 Rangers First Lifetime Memberships (these are available to groups, whereas BuyRangers requires an individual membership).

I'd like to organise a similar effort on Gersnet if there is enough interest.

I'm aware that many of us already support RF and/or BuyRangers, while others do not share my enthusiasm for fan ownership. It's also January, so not everyone will have spare cash to donate at this time of year. However, a potentially close vote at the forthcoming EGM will be sufficient incentive for many Gersnetters.

A RangersFirst Club 1872 membership costs £500, so if we can get 50 interested Bears together @ £10 each, we can make it happen. If you want to donate more than that, then great.

So, my suggestion is this:

1. PM me with your forum name and the amount you'd be willing to commit to as a one off donation.

2. I'll keep a tally of the total. As and when we reach £500, I'll pass everyone's details to Bluedell, who has very kindly offered to help collect the funds.

3. Bluedell can then provide you with details (also via PM) of how he plans to collect the funds and once the full £500 has been received, we'll purchase a Lifetime Membership in the name of Gersnet. Any excess funds received will be donated to RF.

4. As RF operates a one-member-one-vote decision making process, the easiest option would be to hold a brief poll of members prior to any future RF votes. Obviously, such polls are open to members and visitors alike, but for one vote among thousands, it wouldn't be worth creating a more complicated process.

If anyone has spotted a fatal flaw in the process, or has any suggestions which would make it easier, please let me know.

Finally, I'd just like to make it clear that there's absolutely no compulsion to take part, but it's up to those who do to look into the details of RF if they are not already familiar with it.

Cheers.

Getting 50 on here might be a tall order mate. :thup:

Possibly. I don't want to set the bar too high in terms of a minimum amount, but anything less than £10 is probably too much hassle to collect.

If folk can / want to give more, then great (say 20 x £25).

I'm unhappy with giving too much of my information online so I would prefer to pay by cheque.

Understand the concerns.

I'll speak to Bluedell, but I'm sure the preference would be for him to provide a sort-code and account number by private message, allowing folk to make a direct transfer by telephone banking, Internet banking or via a branch. We've done that a couple of times for the Gersnet dinner and it worked well.

If we can find a method that works for you, did you have a figure in mind?