Ok, so a quick update for those who have pledged so far.

We're now at a grand total of £1340 as at noon today.

Bluedell has a list of those who contacted me and a note of their pledge amounts, plus any stated preference regarding which scheme to support. He will contact everyone by PM in the next 24 hours.

I'd be grateful if you'd keep an eye open for that PM and try to act upon it promptly, so that we can make the donations to RF and BR, giving them as much time as possible before the EGM to actually use it for share purchases.

The plan is to use the first £500 collected for the Club 1872 membership.

We'll then use the next £625 to purchase 5 Community Shares via the RST.

That leaves a residual £215 at the moment and we'll leave the thread open for a few days to see if we get any more donations through, before deciding what to do with the balance (i.e. Another Club 1872 membership, more Community Shares or a straight forward cash donation). Whatever we do, we'll try and stick to a rough 50/50 split between the schemes.

I'm proposing that Bluedell, as a long standing and well respected member of the Forum, will be the Gersnet point of contact with both Schemes. I trust that's ok with everyone.

Finally, I've asked Bluedell to send me images of the receipts so that we can post them on here and also on Twitter to give the Forum a bit of publicity (which I'll do under my Twitter handle which is the same as my Forum name).

That's it for now, but if you have any questions, just PM myself or Bluedell or post them on the Thread.

Once again, thanks to everyone for stepping up and doing your bit to help get our Club back.

would it be cheeky to suggest that those Gersnetters who are also members of other forums mention what's being done here?

Who knows, we might develop a bit of friendly rivalry and hopefully they could out-do what we have done - especially if tehy know they'll have the option to contribute to their cause of choice.

Apologies for the inconvenience but occasionally we prune inactive users into a special usergroup where they lose the ability to PM.

Now fixed.

Thanks, I've just been requested to change my password and I see the message functionality is there now.

would it be cheeky to suggest that those Gersnetters who are also members of other forums mention what's being done here?

Who knows, we might develop a bit of friendly rivalry and hopefully they could out-do what we have done - especially if tehy know they'll have the option to contribute to their cause of choice.

This was mentioned on Rm and they decided to stay out of it , they advise any RM users to sign up themselves as they dont want the site alligned withone , other or both

This was mentioned on Rm and they decided to stay out of it , they advise any RM users to sign up themselves as they dont want the site alligned withone , other or both

I'm afraid the time for sitting on your backside & hoping for the best is long past. Anyone not actively fighting the board is de facto helping them.

I know that's not very conciliatory but despite occasional flashes of good news things are still really, really bleak and taking a watching brief is pathetic.

edit: not aimed at RM but anyone not active.

Edited by andy steel

So far I have seen Do The Bouncy raise enough for two life membearships' in RF as did Gers Forum (who done that in 2 days).

For obvious reasons RF isn't brought up on FF and Rangers Media someone started a thread but there was a couple of misconceptions then an admin closed the thread.

I would hope that someone can start a RST life membership collection on FF and hopefully get money for shares that way.

I'm afraid the time for sitting on your arse & hoping for the best is long past. Anyone not actively fighting the board is de facto helping them.

I know that's not very conciliatory but despite occasional flashes of good news things are still really, really bleak and taking a watching brief is pathetic.

edit: not aimed at RM but anyone not active.

I think the line in the sand moment was security on Ibrox - since then the support has been overwhelmingly together

So far I have seen Do The Bouncy raise enough for two life membearships' in RF as did Gers Forum (who done that in 2 days).

For obvious reasons RF isn't brought up on FF and Rangers Media someone started a thread but there was a couple of misconceptions then an admin closed the thread.

I would hope that someone can start a RST life membership collection on FF and hopefully get money for shares that way.

I can't help thinking that if people took off their egos when they put on the scarf, we would be in a far healthier place than we are.