The Rangers Supporters Trust (RST) is delighted to announce that, following a successful meeting yesterday, the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund (RFFF) has thrown its considerable finances and influence behind the RST's continuing fight to ensure Ibrox remains under the control of the club. We are delighted that the RFFF has taken this decision and would like to thank them for doing so. There is now a substantial legal fund available, should it be required, to fight any attempt by this board to pass security over Ibrox to Mike Ashley. We will work closely with the RFFF going forward to ensure every avenue is explored.

http://www.therst.co.uk/news/rst-gains-rfff-support-for-ibrox-legal-fight/

Edited by MoodyBlue

Rangers Fans Fighting Fund Statement

Wednesday 21st January 2015

A spokesman for the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund said today: "The Rangers Fans Fighting Fund was launched by Ibrox legends Walter Smith and Sandy Jardine in 2012 to help safeguard and protect the club’s future and assets.

“In recent days it has become crystal clear that the clubÂ’s current board is considering the use of Ibrox Stadium and Murray Park in order to secure a further loan from Mike Ashley.

“Mr Ashley already has security over Edmiston House and the Albion Car Park and the RFFF, like almost all Rangers supporters, feels securitising our historic stadium and training ground is a step too far.

“Ibrox, in our view, is sacrosanct.It is a memorial to the sixty six who lost their lives. Some of the greatest names in Scottish football history have graced the hallowed turf down the years and it should never be used as collateral in order to secure a loan that is not in the best interests of the club.

“For that reason, the RFFF confirms it is willing to provide support and assistance to any fan group determined to protect the club’s assets.

“We enjoyed a positive meeting with representatives from the Rangers Supporters Trust yesterday and we have agreed to back their initiative to prevent the securitisation of Ibrox and Murray Park.

“Rangers fans donated hundreds of thousands of pounds to the Fighting Fund during the administration process when their club was at risk and it appears our major assets are at risk once again.

“Now more than ever, we need the Rangers fan base to unite with the collective goal of protecting our assets and taking the club forward.

“FCA rules prevent the direct investment of the RFFF funds in shares.

“Fan ownership initiatives introduced by the Trust and Rangers First can make a positive and immediate difference and the RFFF will do everything possible to provide support to such organisations.

“The fans, after all, are the lifeblood of this great institution and always will be.

Edited by MoodyBlue

Have sent another missive to our Nomad.

Subject: Fiduciary Duties

Dear Mr Shackleton,

In line with recent announcements on the LSE by WH-Ireland promoting high standards of Fiduciary Duty, you will be pleased to note today that the Rangers Supporters Trust is following your lead.

Also, in line with your advice in a recent response, I have submitted a lengthy file to Police Scotland outlining my concerns over my perceived "Lack of Fiduciary Duty" demonstrated by the board of RIFC against the demands of the Company's Act 2006. I sent this off by registered mail yesterday.

Yours faithfully,

GD

Shareholder in RIFC

http://www.therst.co.uk/news/rst-gai...x-legal-fight/

Have sent another missive to our Nomad.

Subject: Fiduciary Duties

Dear Mr Shackleton,

In line with recent announcements on the LSE by WH-Ireland promoting high standards of Fiduciary Duty, you will be pleased to note today that the Rangers Supporters Trust is following your lead.

Also, in line with your advice in a recent response, I have submitted a lengthy file to Police Scotland outlining my concerns over my perceived "Lack of Fiduciary Duty" demonstrated by the board of RIFC against the demands of the Company's Act 2006. I sent this off by registered mail yesterday.

Yours faithfully,

GD

Shareholder in RIFC

http://www.therst.co.uk/news/rst-gai...x-legal-fight/

Great stuff GD !!!

You have inspired me to do the same. We should all do this ! The more of us doing this and putting 'pressure' on them the more chance of a better outcome for us.

Edited by MoodyBlue