Listen mate. I thought that was the way forward. I now know that isn't the answer, so please remove yourself.

can I ask you mate what led you to believe that contrary to all the evidence at the time ie the make up of the merchandise deal and the other erroneous contracts he has?

MIKE ASHLEY looks set to press ahead with his Rangers power grab by handing the club another huge emergency loan to cover next week’s wage bill.

Record Sport understands the Newcastle owner is on the verge of having the offer of a new multi-million pound funding package accepted over a crisis cash deal from the consortium of wealthy supporters made up of Douglas Park, George Letham and George Taylor.

Sources close to the discussions were adamant last night that Ashley’s money will not be secured against Ibrox after his original £10m rescue package was restructured in the face of furious protests from the club’s fans.

It is unclear if the amount of cash Ashley is willing to pump into the coffers has also been adjusted but the Sports Direct tycoon - who drip fed £3m worth of loans into the club to keep it solvent before the turn of the year - is now on the brink of hold securities over the club’s Murray Park HQ as well as the Albion Car Park and Edmiston House.

It is anticipated a formal announcement will be made to the Stock Exchange next week over the new funding deal, possibly as early as Monday morning.

The board has already confirmed it needs a major cash injection just to make it through January and, with pay day looming on Thursday, the need to bring in new money is critical.

A source close to the talks said last night: “The Rangers fans might not be thrilled about the prospect of Ashley providing this funding but the board seem delighted with what they are putting in place.”

Ashley, meanwhile, has been ordered to attend a hearing at Hampden on Tuesday as part of an SFA probe into the true extent of his influence inside the Ibrox boardroom.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mike-ashley-set-hand-rangers-5033080?

Edited by chilledbear

Much ado about ... very few details.

Not sure whether he will want to put too much on MP, but would not be surprised if the EH and ACP deals are included/expanded/extended. Last chance the board will have had to save their skins for the time being.

On a sidenote, I do remember that our financial experts on this and other boards said for years (and long before oldco's admin) that Auchenhowie was and is a luxury that we can only barely afford, SPL champs and Euro football or not. SDM's prestige toy from the days when everything was bright. Whatever happens now, Auchenhowie will be cost factor that needs to be adressed.

Guest Texasbear

First, and I suspect one of very few I would see myself posting as I am not close or keep up with Scotland much these days. Been away for over 20 years and have a new life, work and family and have drifted away from much of my roots to be perfectly honest.

However, I found your forum a while back, when the shit started to hit the fan in the mainstream news, and I've been reading with horror the cancer that has stricken Rangers. Its become something I check on weekly and I suspect there are many 1000s like me who don't know enough to engage, but read, learn and watch.

All I can say is that I cannot fathom what you are all going through, the pain and anguish in having to boycott and stand firm against these despicable actions being rolled out against the club.

I can't do much, but I bought a chunk of shares and will of course vote correctly as needed. I feel your final enemy is in play now and the end game has started.

Again, I'm so sorry for what you are all going through, especially those who suffered abuse for so long highlighting the enemy within. There are many proud Rangers men on here and I for one salute you all.

We are going to be skint for years, no matter who sits on the Board.

I hope the good guys know what is to be done after the General Meeting.

Well, we'll hopefully be debt free and many of the really important changes which need to be made shouldn't cost a fortune, but will depend on ensuring we've got the right calibre of people in key positions (e.g. a Director of Football to set a clear strategy for the football dept).

But, yes, I'm sure it's going to take a while to deal with all the debris they'll find at the top of the marble staircase.

Ashley is obviously trying to price the Bears, out of the game. 13 mill debt and no security station left and also no retail money to call upon. That is the end game for him. His helpers will try and get another loan in beforethe EGM is in place.