On the field we are still suffering from Walter's legacy and the further we get away from it the better. Since 03/04 onwards we have just been utterly brutal to watch and the day I see us playing remotely watchable football will be a welcome return.

I agree with that. We need a brand new football influence, something miles away from the ghastly fare that Smith brought to Rangers which Ally, regrettably, carried on.

What is this guy like, though? I hear he's big on fitness but how do his teams play? Are they safety-first and boring or adventurous and entertaining?

Edited by Hildy

I agree with that. We need a brand new football influence, something miles away from the ghastly fare that Smith brought to Rangers which Ally, regrettably, carried on.

What is this guy like, though? I hear he's big on fitness but how do his teams play? Are they safety-first and boring or adventurous and entertaining?

Three Bundeligas but his main achievement was the Stuttgart team he developed in the early to mid 00's which played excellent football, brought through some top youth players and had a formidable defence.

He failed in England but I don't read too much into that because it's all about money, something he didn't have.

Above all else, he won the Bundesliga just a few years ago, and given our alternatives will be run of the mill Scottish managers, that's literally worlds apart.

He is an Advocaat type taskmaster who likes organised teams that play decent football with an emphasis on youth. Given someone was talking up Bobby Williamson today, the idea of of having a decent Bundesliga manager is something I really want to grab onto.

The football was brutal the year we got to the UEFA Cup Final!

No it wasn't. Seems to be an accepted drift on here with many posters. Rangers fought for their place like all teams do and yet some find a reason to slam it. Cool out ffs!:frown:

No good hammering our history like most like to do.

I value our history like all Bears do.

then you should stop trying to deny it then. Went to every game that season bar one, the football was murder and left us believing that long diagonal cross field balls are the recipe for success.

Magath didn't just fail and get relegated at Fulham he then sent them hurtling to the foot of the division below, he was catastrophic and used an unbelievable number of players (over 50) in a short period of time with no rhyme nor reason to the changes. A DoF promoting youth and casting a net wide across Europe and instilling fitness and good habits - that sounds good, as long as nearly all the stories circulating about his way of handling players are untrue. But as a manager....

Actually none of this matters, if Ashley takes control this week, as seems likely, we're f@cked for the forseeable

Edited by SteveC

No it wasn't. Seems to be an accepted drift on here with many posters. Rangers fought for their place like all teams do and yet some find a reason to slam it. Cool out ffs!:frown:

Yes it was!!! You have selective memory. 90% of that journey to the final was because we 'parked the bus' and managed to sneak a goal at the other end. Tell me one game where we played flowing football. Sporting Lisbon away was probably the only acceptable performance.