A SCOTS MP is to raise questions in the Commons about whether Mike Ashley is a fit and proper person to run Rangers and other clubs after he was accused of deplorable behaviour over his treatment of workers at his collapsed clothing firm.

Central Ayrshire MP Brian Donohoe says he will use parliamentary privilege to question the credentials of the billionaire Newcastle United owner to run top flight sides.

Business Minister Fergus Ewing has already expressed "extreme concern and disappointment" at the conduct of Mr Ashley's Sports Direct, which owns USC, after it went into administration this month with the loss of 88 jobs in Dundonald, South Ayrshire.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/mike-ashleys-credentials-to-run-football-clubs-to-be-questioned-in-parliament.116853857

Perhaps we should have gone into admin just before a general election, suddenly politicians are quite interested in Rangers.

Not any old politicians it has to be said. Brian Donohoe, with Adam Ingram involved as well. The Westminster Rangers supporters bus have gone into action.

Brian Donohoe is the chair of the Westminster RSC and has spoken before at the RST Gerspride conference. Adam Ingram is also a well known bluenose, I know some of his family and while they are tims, Adam is most definately one of us. I heard plenty of stories of his time serving under John Reid while Dr Death was NI Secretary in the Blair government, and safe to say they didnt get agree on much. Both represent the Labour Party.

Good stuff. Mind you, it'll take more than a pre-election MP looking at losing his seat for me to forgive the abandonment of the club during her hours of need - outside of Ian Davidson (briefly) I cannot think of a single representative of any stripe who took any action at all. Nevertheless, all help, even this late, is to be welcomed.

Good stuff. Mind you, it'll take more than a pre-election MP looking at losing his seat for me to forgive the abandonment of the club during her hours of need - outside of Ian Davidson (briefly) I cannot think of a single representative of any stripe who took any action at all. Nevertheless, all help, even this late, is to be welcomed.

Ian Davidson is also in the RST.