Rangers: Rino Gattuso wants return to Ibrox as manager

1. Would I give him a go ? Absolutely, if his wages are low enough and his notice period short enough. McDowall doesn't want the job so better Rino who knows what the Club is all about and what the fans are all about - but, for me, a short term appointment only. We complained about McCoist being given the job with no managerial credentials, yet here we are fawning over a guy who has failed at two clubs in less than two years and walked away from another.

I wouldn't employ him, as you say his record is awful. I'd rather have someone like Jimmy Calderwood, he knows the Scottish game and has had some success. Give him the job until the end of the season on a relatively low wage.

Either Calderwood or Gattuso would be better than what we've got at present I.e. A guy who doesn't want to be there

I would get down on my knees to Walter Smith and beg him to do it till the end of this week or better still the end of the season.

God only knows what the mental state of the players is right now.

Rangers hand contract to dud manager who was rejected by Hamilton Accies I doubt it.

I would get down on my knees to Walter Smith and beg him to do it till the end of this week or better still the end of the season.

God only knows what the mental state of the players is right now.

Rangers hand contract to dud manager who was rejected by Hamilton Accies I doubt it.

nah

Walter's bird has flown in football terms

get McColl in to the end of the season, then look at McInnes or Jackie MacNamara, once upstairs is on a level footing.

We need to get as far away from Walter and his brand of football as possible.

We've still got it. McDowall plays the rigid,inflexible 4-4-2 system both Ally and walter played.

Opponents are wise to it & flood central MF so we get outnumbered. Im positively dreading sunday if we do that with Smith left MF and Aird right MF

Walter frequently played 4-5-1 or even 5-4-1 (as at Manchester); we may need to go with that on Sunday.

I am fairly sure that Smith will start and I think there's a good chance that Black will be brought back in in place of a striker.

I don't fancy Aird and Smith as our wide men either, well not Smith anyway; but I've a feeling that we might see something like a back five of Foster, McCulloch, McGregor, Wallace and Smith. Aird, Black, Hutton and Law, across the middle and Miller on his tod up front? Or Black or Hutton in front of the back four, with Aird, Hutton/Black, Law and Smith across the middle.

Or even a five man midfield with Black in for a striker.

Personally I think we are in trouble in this game and the only chance we have of doing anything is to attack, so I'd have Templeton instead of Smith and otherwise stay with last week's team. I'd rather go down fighting, having given it a real go; than play ultra defensive and lose anyway.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Walter frequently played 4-5-1 or even 5-4-1 (as at Manchester); we may need to go with that on Sunday.

I am fairly sure that Smith will start and I think there's a good chance that Black will be brought back in in place of a striker.

I don't fancy Aird and Smith as our wide men either, well not Smith anyway; but I've a feeling that we might see something like a back five of Foster, McCulloch, McGregor, Wallace and Smith. Aird, Black, Hutton and Law, across the middle and Miller on his tod up front? Or Black or Hutton in front of the back four, with Aird, Hutton/Black, Law and Smith across the middle.

Or even a five man midfield with Black in for a striker.

Personally I think we are in trouble in this game and the only chance we have of doing anything is to attack, so I'd have Templeton instead of Smith and otherwise stay with last week's team. I'd rather go down fighting, having given it a real go; than play ultra defensive and lose anyway.

WOW do you think McDowall would understand all that?????

Nothing against the guy but he's simply a cones & bibs coach to me.

I cant see him going anything other than 4-4-2 as it's all he knows and we risk a hammering

1. I didn't say the dressing room would split if someone tried to reign them in. I said there is just as much chance of that happening as there is of Rino being able to galvanise them - yet the only justification I have heard for Rino to come in is because of his passion for the game.

2. You say that Roy Keane couldn't spell manager..... so, tell me, what has Rino's management career done to date to suggest that he could ? Take the blinkers off and you will see that he has been an unimitgated disaster as a manager. Sacked by Sion, sacked by Palermo and left Crete after just 6 months. So, what is it again that tells you that Rino's credentials as a manager have him outshine Roy Keane (and Keane was a terrible manager, no mistake).

3. Just how do you KNOW that Rino would "bring Jig down a peg or two" ? You don't. Fact. It wouldn't be the first or the last time that a captain wins the day over a manager. I'm not saying it would happen but there is just as much chance of it happening as there is of Rino bringing him down a peg or two.

How do we know if we don't try ? We don't. I'm not advocating against Rino at all. But all this posturing about his passion being what we are missing is completely missing the point in my opinion. The notion that his passion would somehow rub off on the players is completely unsubstantiated. The idea that the missing piece of the jigsaw is passion is an illusion - there are so many things wrong with this team - passion is something that you either have or you don't. I don't think that Rino, Keane or anyone could actually force players to play with more passion.

The suggestion of bringing Rino in as manager is more of a romantic notion than it is based on his managerial prowess. He has been a failure as a manager yet we are lauding him as the guy to solve our issues.

Would I give him a go ? Absolutely, if his wages are low enough and his notice period short enough. McDowall doesn't want the job so better Rino who knows what the Club is all about and what the fans are all about - but, for me, a short term appointment only. We complained about McCoist being given the job with no managerial credentials, yet here we are fawning over a guy who has failed at two clubs in less than two years and walked away from another.

Only in the world of Rangers fans :rolleyes:

Wow i will be staying off this forum now. cheers for the telling off. you need to get a life mate, too much time on your hands disecting an opinion.. and your an admin???

supposed to encourage people not shoot them down on their first post.. good luck mucker.

Edited by beerjim
spelling

Wow i will be staying off this forum now. cheers for the telling off. you need to get a life mate, too much time on your hands disecting an opinion.. and your an admin???

supposed to encourage people not shoot them down on their first post.. good luck mucker.

Was a bit of a sweep against a new poster and I don't think it was aimed at you in particular but just the whole conception of Rino being the top man for the job.