Pete they do this once they have ACT and by getting into dialogue with the board , and this board certainly isnt into dialogue , do you really think we need another drama on the sidelines , the EGM is hopefully coming up , lets see what that brings first

rbr is 100% correct about this, as recorded in the Minutes of the Meeting of 4 March 2014.

RA went through the benefits of a CIC (see previous Minutes);

highlighting the first target as 5% of shares in Rangers International FC

(the right to call an EGM) and that the purpose was: TRANSPARENCY, AUTHORITY & CONSULTATION. If this

was not achieved with a 5% share holding, then the CIC would keep buying shares until the purpose could not be ignored.

So there was never any intention that RF would be a political group, in fact it was stated on numerous occasions that it would be apolitical..

As far as I am concerned, as a member, RF is doing what it says or working towards doing what it says in its aims and doing it very well as 6,370 contributing members attest.

Note for Hildy: The above should not be seen as denigrating the RST/BR in any way, it is simply a comment that personally I am happy that the RFB made a statement because one of its objectives is to represent the views of the fans and RF did not because that is not one of its aims or objectives (at least not until it has gained a sufficient shareholding to be influential).

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Extraordinary circumstances often require an extraordinary response.

Our club is teetering on the brink of completely losing it's soul to Sports Direct and the Ashley MO.

If it tipples over that cliff, then shares won't have the same emotional value. It would be an empty shelll of a club that is going no-where and will exist to service onerous contracts.

I fully support fan ownership but I will not support RF.

It is sitting on the sidelines while others are left to engage. I wouldn't want to belong to an organisation like this.

That is also your democratic right mate,that is why it is good to be free to choose.

I fully support fan ownership but I will not support RF.

It is sitting on the sidelines while others are left to engage. I wouldn't want to belong to an organisation like this.

But your are still missing this one important fact , many many fans are members of both , so whats wrong with that. Also you must concede like it or not , many fans are not happy with the RST or who their reps are , thats not a personal opinion , just an observation from talking to friends etc

I think this shows why it would be folly to try to merge the two. For me, we probably need a few more alternative schemes so that people have a broad choice.

I've continually said I'd prefer one that represents a forum where myself and other posters can give input and also vote on things quite easily. The way to do it would be for forum could set up an simple way for buying your own shares (or giving a page on clear guidance) and proxying them to the elected representative. If it finds a way of reducing the cost of buying the shares, that would be even better.

That way it would also be easy to unproxy your shares and take them to another forum if you start to disagree with general philosophy of the first forum. And as a last resort you could sell up if you're desperate for cash, or gift them to family etc.

I don't particularly like either scheme at the moment as although they are a form of fan ownership, I wouldn't really feel like I personally own anything - they seem more like a rental, and having your voice heard doesn't seem easy.

The 'RF is apolitical' position sounds a bit delusional. Is RF supporting the EGM calls? Voting to oast the board if the EGM takes place?

I can understand them not wanting to go as far in speaking out as the RST have at times but surely there's a currently a fairly binary choice to be made?

The 'RF is apolitical' position sounds a bit delusional. Is RF supporting the EGM calls? Voting to oast the board if the EGM takes place?

I can understand them not wanting to go as far in speaking out as the RST have at times but surely there's a currently a fairly binary choice to be made?

RF votes the way the membears decide on a one man one vote majority , I have never as a life time member of the RST been asked my opinion on anything they have done or released recently , nor have I had a vote since the last AGM whats democratic on that , what if I disagreed on anything that has been released recently ( all hypothetical you understand ).

You cant have a political regime where members dont get a say in whats happening , nor a vote , christ I have been trying to get a simple problem like my RST login sorted for nearly 2 months and the RST site is still showing me as having a lapsed membership

Rangers First is not putting Rangers first when it cannot find the words to publicly speak out at a time when credible people are concerned that Ashley could be asset-stripping the club.

If RF opposes the current board, let it say so - loudly.

Its continued silence damns it.

this is a very thin stick with which to try and beat rf and i say that as someone who disagrees with their stance.

don't like it then don't join. but that would be a shame.

Some would say that the Rangers Fan Board were hounded into speaking out against the club, but they eventually did it.

Why is there no pressure from here to get RF to speak out?