Been trying to get my head round things for a while now.....

Exactly what influence does Mike Ashley have over the current board???

Recently, we have seen investment proposals from King, Sarver & 3Bears all knocked back in favour of offerings from MA, which have been very heavily weighted in favour of the lender.

What interest does MA have in the club???

Personally I think he wants to control the merchandise. However, if he turns the fans against him (as he has), no-one will buy the stuff he's selling, so where's the benefit???

MA has been told that he can't own any more shares by the SFA, therefore he can't invest directly into the club. Any money will come in the way of loans, therefore increasing debt - debt that will be more difficult to repay since SD now control 75% of the retail channel. Couple that with the reduced attendance etc & cash flow is severely impacted.

Has MA been the one really pulling the strings all along???

Was he the main force behind Chuckles?? Could he be the Easdales true puppet-master???

To me nothing about MA's involvement makes sense. He is a very successful businessman - no-one can argue that - but the way things are being run @ Rangers, it's as if people want it to fail!!! The Board etc appear to be trying their best to drive the fans/customers away.

He and his alienate the paying customer in the ground and in the merch shops like there is no tomorrow and not in his wildest dreams will he expect that we'll turn up at Ibrox like the Magies do in EPL-land. As he's silent like a stone and utterly unwilling to communicate, this is not going to change. You'd hope there is a regulatory body to charge him and his for conflict of interest and running the company into the ground.

Edited by der Berliner

The £64,000 question and one, as we've seen by Ashley's complete reluctance to ever engage with either the media or his shareholders we won't see answered.

I just don't see what Ashley is getting out of this. Yes, he may well achieve a nice million or three via securing all the rights to Rangers retail operation but that's small change in the grand scheme of things for him. And the toxicity of the venture so far must be making even that small profit questionable.

It has to go deeper but then we're moving into speculation and that becomes dangerous with a variety of lawyers waiting to pounce on bears (though not Celtic fans it seems).

for me he was the man who brought green and co from day one. The sfa rules didnt allow him to take full control so he had associates buy under their name and proxy to his puppet green then onto easdales. he uses the non naming of bluepitch and co to distract from himself ame while green keeps the fans attention away he strips away the revenues he wants. Green and co are then paid through 5% of every deal secured via ipo with guarenteed amount bought by ashley proxy

Rangers merchandise has the potential to make MA/SD a steady fortune, if he got the fans back on side.

If he came out & said "I want the club, and I want to take it back to the top. In order to do that I will invest £xxx over the next yyy seasons & build a proper structure moving forward.", then actually carried out his plans, I'm pretty sure he would get the fans back on board & therefore get them spending their blue pounds in his shops - he gets loads of profit, we get a proper club back.

Rangers merchandise has the potential to make MA/SD a steady fortune, if he got the fans back on side.

If he came out & said "I want the club, and I want to take it back to the top. In order to do that I will invest £xxx over the next yyy seasons & build a proper structure moving forward.", then actually carried out his plans, I'm pretty sure he would get the fans back on board & therefore get them spending their blue pounds in his shops - he gets loads of profit, we get a proper club back.

Sure but I'd argue that more than anything after recent years our fans want transparency, engagement and involvement (from whoever takes over the club). Ashley won't do that so his model is problematic from the outset.

Not to mention the bad publicity he's suffering from already due to various stuff - onerous contracts, the sale of players, no manager etc etc.

Quite simply, there's just no way to take Ashley's ownership as a positive as it stands. Yes, that may well change but he himself seems to prefer the opposite. He's doing nothing - absolutely nothing - to change the negative perception of his influence.

That is the scenario that nobody ever really mentions. Probably because it is the least likely.

he never speculates to accumulate.

unless you could show him in black and white that spending x will near on guarentee y return.

I'm sure I read somewhere that over the past year (??) the RFC merchandise pulled in more cash than the Newcastle stuff - and that is with a substantial number of fans refusing to buy kits etc. Imagine what it would be like if we were doing well - winning SPFL, challenging in Europe etc...