Looking at his involvement with Newcastle where 50k turn up every second week, i think he thought the same would happen at Rangers. I am sure he thought it would be the same scenario but with even more shirt sales and Europe involvement as well.

He now sees this is not happening, and with Rangers Supporters offering loans and investment all that is keeping him from baling out ( all be it with his contracts intact ) is his unwillingness to admit defeat and the red face he would be left with.

That is my take on the situation, as like others I cannot see why he would be hanging around.

Very much so, chilledbear. It is more like spoilt-brat behaviour than that of an acute business-man. Rather take all down in flames than do the honorable thing. That his behaviour draws even more bad publicity to him and SD does not concern him in the slightest, it seems ...

Summoning him to parliament and getting him to face tough questions in the full glare of publicity is not something Ashley will relish.

I believe this was raised yesterday by a Scottish Labour MP (Donohoe) and if it can be made to happen, it will be an uncomfortable experience for a man who rarely gives interviews.

Summoning him to parliament and getting him to face tough questions in the full glare of publicity is not something Ashley will relish.

I believe this was raised yesterday by a Scottish Labour MP (Donohoe) and if it can be made to happen, it will be an uncomfortable experience for a man who rarely gives interviews.

Just out of interest, has this been done before? What right has the Parliament to question people like Ashley or summon him to Parliament?

Edited by der Berliner

The other question I'd like to know the answer to is: by what mechanism has MA garnered support from the share holders who have sided with him so far?

Does he stealth-own them through some subsidiary? (In which case the SFA would be after him)

Do they benefit from onerous contracts of their own that MA's placemen will maintain for them? (Which would be a dereliction of fiduciary responsibility)

Basically, IMO, there is no way MA is working with the best interests of RIFC in mind, and any shareholder that votes to maintain the status quo at an EGM must be dodgy in some way.

Stating the obvious I know, but if we could somehow uncover these dodgy connections it would spell the end for all involved.

Just out of interest, has this been done before? What right has the Parliament to question people like Ashley or summon him to Parliament?

people can be compelled to attend a Select Committee or Enquiry and answer questions under oath - but a run of the mill MP cannot compel a normal citizen to attend parliament to answer questions.

And, anyway, this sudden interest in getting to the bottom of the Rangers saga by Labour MPs has more to do with the upcoming election and the prospect of them getting wiped out by the SNP than with any search for justice.