You'd hope that the 3Bs and/or King are working on the % over which Easdale holds proxy, so they have a chance to suceed with a new share issue.

I really wonder what power Easdale holds that they want him kept on the board at all costs.

I really wonder what power Easdale holds that they want him kept on the board at all costs.

The role of Easdale is mainly a front and IMO the real power behind proxy block decisions/strategy comes from within proxy block.

A good part of this block have probably been involved since the beginning, I'd say certainly those with the power. Their main goals are protecting their own interests which will include onerous contracts put in place back in 2012 and preventing forensic accounting that seeks to expose wrongdoing.

Edited by buster.

The role of Easdale is mainly a front and IMO the real power behind proxy block decisions/strategy comes from within proxy block.

A good part of this block have probably been involved since the beginning, I'd say certainly those with the power. Their main goals are protecting their own interests which will include onerous contracts put in place back in 2012 and preventing forensic accounting that seeks to expose wrongdoing.

100% agree.....I don't think the fact that Easdale controls a 26% share of the vote is accidental - gives them the power to veto ANY major shareholder decision.

However, the fact that King/3Bears now directly control approx 30%, this works in their favour as well - Easdale can't force through stuff either.

I'm presuming UEFA are aware of all these matters regarding the Club. Surely every football club is to be all about the Game, not merely a vehicle for commercial activity.

Football and that includes UEFA and FIFA is first and foremost, a vehicle for commercial activity.

However there are rules, regulations, laws and moral lines that the relevant authorities shouldn't allow to be crossed.

Apart from the questionable methodology or route that may yet be examined closely by authorities followed by actions. Ashley appears to want to push a macro MO of controlling a financially distressed football club by debt and creaming off the retail and commercial revenues. If he can pull it off, I wonder if he intends to repeat this with other clubs.

Edited by buster.

I'm presuming UEFA are aware of all these matters regarding the Club. Surely every football club is to be all about the Game, not merely a vehicle for commercial activity.

Sorry Gordy these day's are far gone. The commercial interest has long overshadowed the sporting side of things.

I would even say at player level games are thrown and yellow cards are recieved at certain times to keep the betting syndicates happy.

Sorry Gordy these day's are far gone. The commercial interest has long overshadowed the sporting side of things.

I would even say at player level games are thrown and yellow cards are recieved at certain times to keep the betting syndicates happy.

I think both you and T4C are essentially correct in saying that it's all about commercial interest - BUT, it's all about commercial interest of which UEFA/FIFA control or at least get a cut.

If Ashley if found to have broken EUFA rules, without offering a tithe, then he/we will be held accountable. Ashley may be in teh world's top 300 richest people, but UEFA are more powerful.