Users of the default 'Gersnet Home' forum Style

I did what you said mate, now I have no 'go to first new posts' buttons on ALL threads, that's not right, is it?

Sorry if I'm being pickety, but it is a bit frustrating for me.:shock:

I have never found a problem reading through the forum, but somehow for whatever reason something has knackered up my experience on the forum. Anybody else experiencing 'odd' changes to what they normally do when visiting the site? I'd be grateful for some feedback folks.:tu:

It might be my pc has reached it's Earthend, but I don't think it's that.

When I click on 'View First Unread' it takes me to where I have already read?

It was too late to go into detail when I posted a reply last night, but I'll do my best to explain and clear this up for you now.

1. You initially said "I've cleared my browsing history as advised", but at no point here have I said users should clear their browser 'history', as I specifically said clear your 'Cache'.

2. You then said "I've discovered a problem when I click on the 'go to first new post' button - it takes me to the start or midway through each thread I've already read".

The reason it was doing this is that it didn't remember which posts you had read because you had just deleted your browsing history.

3. You also said "some of the 'go to first new post' buttons are not displayed AFTER your thread", so it seemed reasonably clear to me that you were experiencing similar issues to what you would normally experience after deleting/clearing your browser History.

4. At this point I told you to go to the 'Forum Tools' menu at the top right of Rangers Chat and select the 'Mark This Forum Read' option in order to reset the new post notifications. That was the most sensible way to proceed because by clearing your History you had scrambled your browser's memory of which posts and threads you had read, so it was logical to just start afresh.

Hopefully this helps to explain what happened, was happening and that it all makes a bit more sense now.

Edited by Zappa