I was never going to get a chance at Rangers says Ryan Finnie

I was never going to get a chance at Rangers says Ryan Finnie as he signs on for Partick Thistle

14:56, 29 January 2015

By Euan McLean

THE full-back, 19, joins the Firhill club until the end of season in bid to grab first-team action as Murray Park kid exodus continues.

Ryan Finnie in action for Rangers Under-20s

RYAN FINNIE signed for Partick Thistle today after realising he was never going to get his big chance to shine at Rangers.

The 19-year-old full-back has joined the Firhill club until the end of the season after negotiating a release from his Ibrox contract to boost his search for first-team football.

Now Finnie, who came through the youth ranks at Hamilton before joining Gers last March, hopes to shine for the Jags in the second half of the season to show he is ready to take his career to the next level.

FInnie said: “Being a young player I couldn’t see any way to break into the team at Rangers with them not doing so well as they should have been. So I’ve come here hoping to get an opportunity to prove myself.

“This is a good chance for me to progress and start getting some game time."

But....But....We have got Ricky Foster.... The kid should have been given a chance its shocking.

I read yesterday that Foster is going out (being polite) with Amy McDonald. I think I would rather see her at right back, We might not win but the game would be more interesting.:)

I have no idea whether the guy was any good but it is funny our whole youth team is walking away without getting a chance.

By the looks of it, the current youth side does not really play any sort of competitive football these days, while players of their age group at other clubs already play first team stuff (whether out of necessity and lack of finances or not). Does anyone expect us to blood more youngsters should we manage to get promotion? I do not, unless someone shows as much talent as Macleod. But we're getting ahead of things. Who knows what the EGM will bring, and a possible regime-change thereafter.

He left Accies last January after only one appearance for them and we signed him in the March on a deal until the end of the season.

He was only with us for 10 months and if he's left the Club frustrated about his prospects of getting a chance in the first team, then he must be pretty impatient because he was signed for the U20 squad, not the first team.