Executive management leading us to the slaughter, short and long-term !

Yesterday morning there were rumours from several 'in the know' posters on FF suggesting that there are a couple of loan signings on the way from Newcastle Utd. Obviously, nothing happened on Friday and if such deals were to go through it would have to be at a date when they could have no influence on the League Cup semi-final.

Let's go with the rumour for a minute and say they were to sign on Monday. I'd have to ask why not sign them on the previous Monday prior to the semi-final at Hampden ? You could ask a similar but more important question about Kenny McDowelll and why is he still in the dug-out despite resigning, patently not wanting to be in the job and having been prepared to infer that the RIFC board were misleading the fans when making their statement about Novo ?

The board have recent previous when it comes to pitching an unhappy McDowell into the hotseat for a vital match. We know what happened at Easter Road that day, we were lucky to come away with a 4-0 defeat.

So coming back to tomorrow, the boards, whether it be Sandy Easdale, chairman of TRFC or the collection of what many regard as malfeasent numpties who sit around the RIFC table,.... don't seem to be that interested in allowing or giving Rangers a fighting chance in Sunday's game. Not appointing a new first team manager in present circumstances is to my mind negligence.

Are they writing off the Celtic game and preparing the ground for next week and a new manager with a couple of the only thing that comes from MASH/Newcastle, 'loans' ? Or perhaps my imagination doesn't grasp the scale of their disinterest at a time when John Carver is confirmed as caretaker manager of Newcastle for the rest of the season following four straight defeats.

Maybe I do the board a disservice, as I forget for a moment their all too obvious priorities. Perperation for the League Cup semi-final started some weeks ago with the Sports Direct commemorative T-shirt for reaching the semi-final. I don't imagine many reading this will have bought one but don't worry, I'm sure the 293rd richest person in the world will have Rangers paying for unsold stock. Maybe he could make enough money to offer us another loan with largely what should be our own money,..... again.

Bottomline is that we have a rudderless, discontented football club (other than for the interests of Sports Direct) and the board not only haven't lifted a positive finger but seem intent on pissing off supporters and staff to boot as we head towards Hampden.

We might aswell of had a board of McNally, Phil3names and Haggerty. They couldn't have fecked things up as badly for Rangers as recent RIFC boards have, both generally and particularly going into this game.

Edited by buster.

They couldn't be worse for Rangers if they tried, wait a minute!!

It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to hide an announcement tomorrow among the hullabaloo of the game.

CB, you hit on what is the main issue amongst many.

The executive decisions aren't being made in the football club's best interests, short or long-term.

While McCoist and McDowell did resign it was a long term resignation. They're wage will not be freed up until next season. No matter how hard it is to agree with this board I think we do have to ask if we can afford to bring in another management team at this time.

While McCoist and McDowell did resign it was a long term resignation. They're wage will not be freed up until next season. No matter how hard it is to agree with this board I think we do have to ask if we can afford to bring in another management team at this time.

It was the board that allowed this situation to develop and fester.

Good executive management should look to be proactive rather than reactive.

Our board would appear to be neither where the interests of Rangers are concerned.

But Ashley is a billionaire. :rolleyes:

It was the board that allowed this situation to develop and fester.

Good executive management should look to be proactive rather than reactive.

Our board would appear to be neither where the interests of Rangers are concerned.

The people that signed such contracts are to blame and I don't believe that was this board this was done in the Green time. A contract where the contractor can pick his own end date is a contract in heaven.

I think the more important question is - can we afford not to? If you were to offer a caretaker position to Stuart McCall 10k per month, with a 100% bonus at the end of the season should we be promoted, surely that has to be a better option than the lame duck manager we currently have.

The people that signed such contracts are to blame and I don't believe that was this board this was done in the Green time. A contract where the contractor can pick his own end date is a contract in heaven.

There are many contracts and many actions since 2012 up until the present day that have been questionable regards the interests of Rangers. These have involved all facets of the company and football club. The different boards have been 'stages' within a process that have had to work within certain guidelines that aren't in the interests of the football club.

After the Long Business Review of April 2014, this board could have spent some of the scarce resources available at the time to make some the necessary changes but instead went 'with the flow'. There wasn't loads of money with which to work (despite the Easdale assurances/instead he met up with Ritzvi, apparently the new Asian youth development man) but there was some and had they been seen to be addressing the situation in a constructive way, ST numbers would have increased a little.

Edited by buster.