It's the biggest case of unrequited love in history. The "Queens XI" is the one that amuses me most though, the thought that the Saxe Coburg / Battenberg / Windsors have the faintest idea who or what Rangers are supposed to be is absurd and how Her Majesty could allow such loyal subjects to be...subject...to the agony that Rangers fans have gone through at the hands of "The Revenue" is beyond me.

Do you seriously believe the monarchy or westminster parliament is involved in HMRC cases ?

The question I ask is whether a caucus of yahoo-supporting polticians have been using influence on HMRC to financially cripple Rangers by pursueing a case so weak it has failed their own two internal appeals

Well Andrew a similar line of argument was proposed by some of the author's In Born Under a Union Flag.

Perhaps had there been a more vociferous criticism' date=' a genuine desire by Holyrood MP's to get some answers, particularly from HMRC, then your argument would have some merit.

As it stands to date - while Westminster MP's at leats conducted some kind of enquiry

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-18706453

Holyrood appears to have done nothing.[/quote']

Income tax and the misdeeds of HMRC is a reserved issue.

It was not possible for Holyrood to have become involved as there is simply no mechanism for doing so, any more than your local MSP would be able to intervene on foreign affairs.

It was not possible for Holyrood to have become involved as there is simply no mechanism for doing so, any more than your local MSP would be able to intervene on foreign affairs.

Alex Salmond did try to intervene regards the Rangers BTC was got told where to go as it was nothing to do with him.

At the time I thought it rather strange that the top politician in Scotland got rebuffed in such a rude manner. Was there something HMRC wanted to hide?

Do you seriously believe the monarchy or westminster parliament is involved in HMRC cases ?

The question I ask is whether a caucus of yahoo-supporting polticians have been using influence on HMRC to financially cripple Rangers by pursueing a case so weak it has failed their own two internal appeals

Of course I don't that's my point. HMRC went after us in particular because of the scale of EBT use. It was prevalent in a lot of other clubs but Murray used EBT's so commonly that the potential return for the revenue was too big to ignore and that has also clouded their judgement when deciding to appeal and appeal again.

It's a nice story Rab but I don't see any rhebel influence on that front. They've exerted their through the media.

RPB

The constituents of those MSP's are still subject to the rulings/workings and authority of HMRC.

If there are serious questions being asked of that organisation is it not their duty to raise such concerns in the Scottish parliament ?

Edited by D'Artagnan

RPB

The constituents of those MSP's are still subject to the rulings/workings and authority of HMRC.

If there are serious questions being asked of that organisation is it not their duty to raise such concerns in the Scottish parliament ?

This may come as a surprise, but no it's not. Not only is it not their duty, they are prevented from doing so.

MSPs have no authority or remit where a reserved power is concerned. The Scottish Parliament cannot discuss those issues which Westminster has decided cannot be discussed - so our Parliament not only has its hands tied, it also has a gag over its mouth. The only Scottish politicians who could have dealt with this issue were those from the Labour party, elected to sit in Westminster - and good luck with that.

No, let's not try to push the blame onto the wrong people.

The only ones responsible for the stitch up and humiliation and destruction of our club are the British Establishment, whose flags and songs are so beloved of those being screwed by it.

Talk about Stockholm Syndrome.

This may come as a surprise, but no it's not. Not only is it not their duty, they are prevented from doing so.

MSPs have no authority or remit where a reserved power is concerned. The Scottish Parliament cannot discuss those issues which Westminster has decided cannot be discussed - so our Parliament not only has its hands tied, it also has a gag over its mouth. The only Scottish politicians who could have dealt with this issue were those from the Labour party, elected to sit in Westminster - and good luck with that.

The only ones responsible for the stitch up and humiliation and destruction of our club are the British Establishment, whose flags and songs are so beloved of those being screwed by it.

Its worse than that then RPB - my Labour MP is Jim McGovern.

You might recognise the name....

http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2012-13/913

Its worse than that then RPB - my Labour MP is Jim McGovern.

You might recognise the name....

http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2012-13/913

We should have a word with the admins and see if it's possible to have a 'Condolences' button next to Agree and Thanks.

On the bright side, if things pan out as some of us hope, Mr McGovern will be out of your hair in May.

The first minister managed to intervene in his beloved hearts.

We should have a word with the admins and see if it's possible to have a 'Condolences' button next to Agree and Thanks.

On the bright side, if things pan out as some of us hope, Mr McGovern will be out of your hair in May.

I think you will be right. Even before the referendum he was getting pelters from fans of both the Dundee clubs for his clear bias towards Celtic and his failure to speak out against them and continually defend the unacceptable.

His case wasnt helped when a person, who shall remain nameless, revealed his staffing costs in the comments section of one of the Dundee papers - staffing costs which reveal this back bench MP claims more than even his own party leader, who of course happens to be the leader of the opposition.

Edited by D'Artagnan