New England are led by arguably one of the best if not the best quarter back of all time, the 37 year-old Tom Brady, certainly the only one to take his team to 6 Superbowls, winning 3 of 5 before tonight.

(My personal favourite was Joe Montana of the San Franciso 49ers - Montana to Rice touchdown!)

Seattle are bidding to become just the 9th team to win back to back Superbowls (out of 49 games) and the last team to do that were, you guessed it, Brady's New England Patriots in 2003-04.

An intriguing game in store but it's often the case that one team is well ahead at half time, so you may not need to stay up till 4.00am to know the result.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I've stayed up to watch it in the past but didnt have a clue what the hell was going on lol, im a bit more clued up this year. Thanks for the info, I knew it would be the Seahawks second on the bounce and of course know Brady, but I didnt know he had such an impressive record in taking his team to SB's.

If rugby is game for hooligans played by gentlemen and football is a game for gentleman played by hooligans, then American Football is a kind of legalised method of bodily destruction.

According to the NFL Players Association the average career length is about 3.3 years.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/240102/average-player-career-length-in-the-national-football-league/

Did you catch the reference just now to Montana and Jerry Rice.

Just wait till you see the half time show, and compare with the nonsense at Hampden today.

Over the top, expensive rubbish it looked like to me. I understand that due to something happening a few years ago, that instruments (and vocals?) have to be mimed, so Lenny Kravitz strutting and playing guitar was pointless. I take your point though, compared to any final that we have, including the champions league, it doesnt come close.

Id have preferred a half time focused on just the cheerleaders dancing! :D

I stayed up to watch it all, it may help if I had picked a team to support, but it was pretty good, better than last year. Having watched football, as in our football, for so long, its weird to see all those celebrations happening when the clock still has more than 2 minutes left making the remainder of the time just fizzle out.

Ill pick a team to support next season and see if I enjoy it more, if not ill call it quits and have a good nights sleep in a years time lol.

Edited by Laudbertz
Over the top, expensive rubbish it looked like to me. I understand that due to something happening a few years ago, that instruments (and vocals?) have to be mimed, so Lenny Kravitz strutting and playing guitar was pointless. I take your point though, compared to any final that we have, including the champions league, it doesnt come close.

Id have preferred a half time focused on just the cheerleaders dancing! :D

I stayed up to watch it all, it may help if I had picked a team to support, but it was pretty good, better than last year. Having watched football, as in our football, for so long, its weird to see all those celebrations happening when the clock still has more than 2 minutes left making the remainder of the time just fizzle out.

Ill pick a team to support next season and see if I enjoy it more, if not ill call it quits and have a good nights sleep in a years time lol.

A very exciting match that swung one way then the other and which Seattle literally threw away at the end. When Butler intercepted Wilson on the goal line there were 26 seconds left and that allowed New England to run down the clock. It probably seemed like two minutes to Seattle!

A very exciting match that swung one way then the other and which Seattle literally threw away at the end. When Butler intercepted Wilson on the goal line there were 26 seconds left and that allowed New England to run down the clock. It probably seemed like two minutes to Seattle!

New England still needed to get out of the End Zone - the 1st down would have been snapped inside the End Zone and had the Seahawks managed to force a safety they would have got 2 points and also received he ball again from a kick out from inside the end zone. The game still wasn't over. For the Seahawks to allow themselves to get drawn offside was stupidity as it meant Brady could take a knee from outside the End Zone.

Pete Carroll opting to throw the ball when he has the best power running back in the league at his disposal was the WORST play call in the history of Superbowls. A horrid call. Not only that but on 1st down he had already gained 3 yards - they should literally have been saying "we are giving Lynch the ball on the next 3 downs, now you find a way to stop him" but instead Carroll was too arrogant for his own good.

Seahawks also embarrassed themselves by not keeping their tempers and causing a massive rammy. Unbecoming of the biggest game of the year and showed just how sore they are as losers.

From the neutrals perspective it was a cracking spectacle. The officials called almost everything right (though they did miss a call on roughing the passer which could have hurt the Patriots).