This is a fund for the wee lad that was bottled in the face at the Celtic Rangers game. As a celtic supporter I am ashamed of the actions of one of our own. I hope you join me in raising a wee bit of money for the lad.

I don't know your name yet, but hope you will grow up realising that there is good as well as evil in this world.

From me.....I'm sorry this has happened, and on behalf of Celtic supporters we stand ashamed and angry.

All the best

Rod

http://www.gofundme.com/lagusk

Violent aftermath of Old Firm violence embodied in bloodied face of James Martin, now lying sedated in hospital

AN UNPROVOKED attack at the hands of two thugs knocked 37-year-old James unconscious outside the pub he had watched the game in only hours before.

A FATHER of four lies under sedation in hospital after being brutally beaten on the night of the Old Firm game.

Two thugs launched an unprovoked attack on Rangers fan James Martin, 37, outside the pub where he had watched the match a few hours earlier.

James’s wife Laurette said he was knocked unconscious then kicked in the head repeatedly as he lay helpless.

Doctors sedated lorry driver James after giving him a brain scan.

It’s feared he may have suffered long-term damage, and he will have more tests on his brain in the coming days.

He also has a broken jaw which will need surgery, broken teeth and cuts and bruises to his face.

Laurette, 38, who released photos of James in hospital, claims the “drunken thugs” responsible were Celtic fans.

She released photos of her husband lying in hospital and urged the public to help police catch the attackers.

James was assaulted at about 10.40pm on Sunday as he walked past McAlpine’s Bar in Newarthill, Lanarkshire.

His son Jordan, 17, was with him and was also targeted.

James had been in the pub earlier, watching his team lose to Celtic in the first Old Firm match for three years.

Laurette said he went home to his family after the game but popped out later to go to the local shop and was attacked on his way home.

“James was approached by two guys,” said Laurette. “One of them asked for a cigarette and he gave him one.

“The other guy then attacked my husband by punching him. He slipped on ice with that punch and was knocked out instantly. The guy proceeded to kick James repeatedly while the other guy attacked Jordan.

“Jordan fought back and managed to escape and ran to passing cars for help. It just so happened his aunt was going to work and he stopped her.”

Laurette ran to the scene and James was taken to hospital. She claimed: “The guys who attacked him were Celtic supporters.

“My husband likes Rangers but doesn’t take it seriously like most do. He doesn’t wear strips or make kids wear strips.”

Laurette appealed to local people to tell police if a “friend, son, brother or boyfriend” came home with blood on them on Sunday night.

She added: “It would be mostly on their shoes, from kicking my husband’s head repeatedly in front of his son.

“Do the right thing and call the police. These guys deserve punishment.”

Police said: “Inquiries are continuing.”

DR ... for a change

Whoever it is and to whom it is dished out, most of these people are criminals masquerading as football fans dishing out cowardly attacks on people because of their inability to control their emotions or because of a lack of emotional maturity.

Be a man and hand yourselves in.

Whoever it is and to whom it is dished out, most of these people are criminals masquerading as football fans dishing out cowardly attacks on people because of their inability to control their emotions or because of a lack of emotional maturity.

Be a man and hand yourselves in.

unlikely they'll be reading here

but they ARE football fans................