Rangers managers have in the past been told they couldn't pick a player. Normally for financial reasons as going over a certain amount of games triggers a payment. This is different from being told you do need to pick someone of course.

I'd be surprised if being told to play someone isn't more widespread than we think. I doubt it happens with young players but I'd be really surprised if directors haven't told a manager he must play a 'star' player no matter their fitness, training or discipline etc. I've also heard of prominent players demanding certain other players are chosen and others aren't. This is not uncommon.

There's lots of documents and stuff I'd like to pour over sitting on computers or in filing cabinets but I'd LOVE to see the justification for giving Kyle Hutton a new contract .

What was the criteria? I imagine it to look like this:

1. Keeps his mouth shut

2. Turns up to training

3. Disnae gamble

4. Like's a Nando's.

There's lots of documents and stuff I'd like to pour over sitting on computers or in filing cabinets but I'd LOVE to see the justification for giving Kyle Hutton a new contract .

1. Keeps his mouth shut

2. Turns up to training

3. Disnae gamble

4. Like's a Nando's.

He was actually just about to become a father when he was given the new deal.

1. Keeps his mouth shut

2. Turns up to training

3. Disnae gamble

4. Like's a Nando's.

He's got a better attitude than Black

Am I right that Ball wasn't picked because of a clause in his contract that meant Rangers had to pay out once he played a certain number of games ?

Yes. In fact the situation was so bad that Ball himself ended up having to pay to play. The money due to Everton was deducted from his salary.

We have been a financial disaster for far too long.

Can we not just hire the clipboard???

I did suggest this when I heard Kenny had handed in his notice of resignation. :D

Hire the bloody clipboard and let's get on with the title chase.

Seriously though, we really do need a proper manager to be brought in ASAP.