I'm glad that we are borrowing money from Ashley to allow us to take players off his hands and reduce his own club's wage bill at our expense. However I don't think that we are doing enough for Mr Ashley and I'd urge the board to think of other areas where we can help out his other business interests at our own expense.

:rolleyes:

One thing is certain is that these players are signed to the end of the season and they have totally nothing to do with the board\Ashley v Rangers situation. They may even hate Ashely more than us. I say don't pick on these players and treat them with the respect a player pulling on our shirt should get. Even although it is a Sports Direct shirt these days.:sigh:

If any one of these players contributes to us getting promoted and we are not paying their wages then as a short term fix, I don't see the issue.

The current squad aren't good enough and for whatever reason the youngsters are not getting a chance, so whatever it takes to get back to the SPL is fine by me.

Gotta agree with this, the only one i know is Ferguson, who is a very decent player, especially for this level. He gives 100% every time he plays for my wee Country.

No way were we getting promoted with the current squad, no way. If these players help to get us promoted i'd be delighted, despite people questioning the true motivation behind it.

Yes, i'd have prefered if Lewis had stayed, and they arrived 2 weeks ago, but they are here now, we should get behind them in our drive for promotion. Remarks like 'i hope they never get a game', or 'i hope Kenny leaves them on the bench' etc are certainly not something i would support at present.

Can anyone confirm who is paying for them, not spin or rumours, solid confirmation?

Also, we need to change Kenny, he obviously doesn't want the job, he doesn't inspire confidence, and we won't get promoted with him in charge IMO.

We know that the whole squad need dropped, but KMcD doesn't agree. He is going to show loyalty to his current players whether we like it or not. It could be some time before we see these guys 'on show'. There is likely to be a 'Mexican stand-off' between the current management team and the board initially, and something\somebody will have to give, probably the current management team. If the current crop of players feel the same way as KMcD etc then we could lose much more ground in the league, while this mess gets sorted. It's ill thought out, and too many people are looking at it too simplistically - 'great 5 new players - get them in'.

I don't hold any animosity against the players and hope that they all do well. I just don't think that flying in a random group of players without giving much thought to how they are going to fit in is a good idea. As a general rule, I don't think bringing in a lot of new players at this time of the year works well. It won't be easy for them going into a dressing room that has more or less given up.

What sort of loan fees have we had to pay to either Newcastle/agents/middle men for these 5 players?

What has this added to the wage bill?

Did our (caretaker but doesn't want to be there) manager have any say on these players being brought in?

What positions do they play and was our current squad reviewed and players for required positions targeted, and if so by who?

Does this prove finally to SFA that dual ownership is on play, and what do they plan to do about it?

Oh, and I forgot to add to my previous thread, are any of them any good and what positions do they play?

I have never heard of any of them but I understand one of them has had a run out for Northern Ireland, not that that proves any quality at all given how bad a side they are. I am sure I also seen something on twitter last night that 2 were thought to be right backs? Surely not!

I'm glad that we are borrowing money from Ashley to allow us to take players off his hands and reduce his own club's wage bill at our expense. However I don't think that we are doing enough for Mr Ashley and I'd urge the board to think of other areas where we can help out his other business interests at our own expense.

:rolleyes:

Rumours of players from Newcastle being sent up here on loan have been doing the rounds since the summer of 2012 when the main Toxic conduit at the BBC, Chris McLaughlin told us about as many as 9 players.

"Rangers will be able to borrow as many as nine Newcastle players in a deal that will see Magpies owner Mike Ashley buy a share in the Ibrox club."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/19225698

It's probably just another coincidence that they are eventually sent up in the transfer window following the Ashley loans. :rolleyes: