First thing to remember is the five players are entirely blameless in all this, they're doing what they're told. So a warm welcome to Rangers from me at least.

Like most people I've my reservations. Firstly from a footballing perspective parachuting in five players from one club will create a clique in the dressing room. These five will know nobody but each other, they'll be in a new city and they know it's a short term thing, assimilating them into a 'team' mindset will be a challenge.

They are inexperienced players albeit they might be talented. I'd expect even young players from an EPL side to be of a higher standard than most in our league, but attitude and workrate will determine that.

However had we brought in five fringe players from Chelsea or Man Utd I feel we'd be greeting this news with more enthusiasm. The fact it's Newcastle clearly means Ashley's hand is behind it, however we need new players so in the circumstances this might be as good as it gets.

Of all the stuff that's happened to us in the last few years, particularly the stuff Ashley has been behind or involved in this strikes me as the most benign. It's not ideal and it doesn't address the real problems we have and it's probably a bad portent for what he sees Rangers as. But in the grand scheme of things I can live with it for now.

The Charlton owner does the same thing bringing in fringe players from Standard Liege to spread his costs , put them in a shop window . And no-one likes being the London branch of a franchise.

We're clearly crap just now but without permanent management I cant see that there is a way to bring more younsters through from Murray Park ( or the Pool n Darts Academy) , sorry to disagree Gunslinger . So these guys are a likely to be a big step forward on the park ....but only a small step back off the park . In as much, this move isn't going to win Ashley any new pals is it ?

I wonder if they come with a minder ? Someone to keep them away from the Nandos and stuff? Maybe they'll be a good influence on our own youngsters unlike Ian whiney wee shite Black , the gambling goalie and Mohsni mummys boy . Probably not though .

Just hope that they don't get stick for something thats not their fault , they keep their heads down and off twitter etc and help us win a few games of football .

My biggest question is who actually chose these particular 5 since Kenny McD has stated he knew nothing about them , now given that he is reportedly the first team coach/manager and it is still him that picks the team , we have a wee dilema coming up , especially if none get picked etc

They must be gutted.

LOL

aye cause they sure where gonna get a chance with the tripe we brought in over the past couple of seasons.

no wonder a couple of talented kinds decided to seek first team football elsewhere

Like most people I've my reservations. Firstly from a footballing perspective parachuting in five players from one club will create a clique in the dressing room. These five will know nobody but each other, they'll be in a new city and they know it's a short term thing, assimilating them into a 'team' mindset will be a challenge.

Alas, this presupposes we have a team for them to be assimilated into. Knowing no-one of the current staff can only be a positive, who knows, maybe some of their good habits may rub off on impressionable youngsters like Black and Simonsen.

They are inexperienced players albeit they might be talented. I'd expect even young players from an EPL side to be of a higher standard than most in our league, but attitude and workrate will determine that.

I doubt they know what standard they are letting themselves in for. I feel they'll start strongly then be dragged down to the pretty low level of the Championship. Hope I'm wrong, though.

Overall it's just another piece of business which makes no sense. Why not get them in on the 1st of January, rather than the 2nd of February? Why get half a team, instead of one or two or a whole team? As usual, everything Rangers does seems to be to the detriment of Rangers. It's crazy.

Dunno, but I would expect that Newcastle has a scouting system? That aside, do you consider Aird, McGregor, Gallacher, McKay and a whole host of current and former Ibrox loanees Rangers "rejects"? Mayb, just maybe we wait and see what sort of players these chaps are, while casting our minds back a few weeks and how our veterans and full professionals play these days?

Newcastle have an excellent scouting system that is plain for all to see.

The chief scout is Graham Carr, I hold the opinion that his son could do a better job for Rangers than those currently in place.

AlanCarr_YapYapYap_.png

Overall it's just another piece of business which makes no sense. Why not get them in on the 1st of January, rather than the 2nd of February? Why get half a team, instead of one or two or a whole team? As usual, everything Rangers does seems to be to the detriment of Rangers. It's crazy.

Many have asked the question regarding the timing. It is, of course peculiar. Dunno what the schedules for the Newcastle first and second team was, cups and all. I do know if we have signed them last week or the like, the Scottish mhedia would have jumped on it ... just ahead of the Yahoos who would have send various inquisitives mails down Hampden-way.

That said, we did not play much football in January anways.

Newcastle have an excellent scouting system that is plain for all to see.

The chief scout is Graham Carr, I hold the opinion that his son could do a better job for Rangers than those currently in place.

So it ake it you know all about their scouting system and youngsters? Why not enlighten us all then?

Was this not the same scout tat discovered Pele, Beckenbauer, stanley Matthews and Ratzinger ....

Sadly the SFA coukdnt really block this, glad to see our club is now paying the wages of Newcastle rejects....

Corrupt Scum to the core ......