Hi chaps and chapesses.

Didn't get to see the game on Sunday due to TV not showing it here but after being out of touch for a long time how far away are we from the supposed measuring stick? TBH a 2-0 defeat is more than I would have expected.

What is more gutting is that they are certainly no great shakes and if we had been managed rightly on our so called journey we could and should have won this and been a match for them.

As such, anyone who was there can let me know far behind are we? And if we get promotion via the plays off this season where are we on par with the other sides.

Hi chaps and chapesses.

Didn't get to see the game on Sunday due to TV not showing it here but after being out of touch for a long time how far away are we from the supposed measuring stick? TBH a 2-0 defeat is more than I would have expected.

What is more gutting is that they are certainly no great shakes and if we had been managed rightly on our so called journey we could and should have won this and been a match for them.

As such, anyone who was there can let me know far behind are we? And if we get promotion via the plays off this season where are we on par with the other sides.

Celtic never got out of second gear and coasted through the game. Has they come hard at us, we would have been lucky to escape with a five goal beating. We never looked likely to score or even threaten their goal at any time. The team showed no passion or desire and merely reinforced the perception that they are an overpaid bunch of mercenaries going through the motions. This Rangers team is literally light years behind Celtic, despite that being their weakest ever squad of players. I think that the existing Rangers group of players would probably do well to finish in the top 6, but I can see Llambias not renewing any of the contracts due for renewal in the summer and relying on the Newcastle reserves to make up the numbers going forward.

Celtic never got out of second gear and coasted through the game. Has they come hard at us, we would have been lucky to escape with a five goal beating. We never looked likely to score or even threaten their goal at any time. The team showed no passion or desire and merely reinforced the perception that they are an overpaid bunch of mercenaries going through the motions. This Rangers team is literally light years behind Celtic, despite that being their weakest ever squad of players. I think that the existing Rangers group of players would probably do well to finish in the top 6, but I can see Llambias not renewing any of the contracts due for renewal in the summer and relying on the Newcastle reserves to make up the numbers going forward.

Word for word almost of what I was going to reply.

Word for word almost of what I was going to reply.

Thanks, I should also have added that had anyone not seen the game, and only saw the result, it would not have been viewed as a disaster. As bad as the match was, for me the worst part was the comments from the players after the game, (Black, Smith, McCulloch) where they genuinely seem to believe that they competed on an even keel. They are totally delusional and if professional players cannot see the vast gulf that existed between the respective teams, then there is absolutely no possibility of any improvement in our performances and subsequently our results. All I can hope for is that the Newcastle reserves come in with something to prove and embarrass our existing group of charlatans into actually raising their game to a level where they can begin to justify the disgusting levels of remuneration that they are currently on.

I think Davie's comments are fair enough.

We did OK in some periods but never threatened other than one or two reasonable passages of play. Other than that it was largely very poor from both teams and probably just summed up the lack of quality in the Scottish game.

It's not just on the park that we have issues..money needs to be spent on Ibrox, a new scouting system, and I've heard it said that Auchenhowie is a bit run down, all of which is on top of whatever is required to build a new squad.

Why week after week we can't make 2 passes, we fail to cross the ball in good positions, why can't we get the ball over the wall at set pieces, why can't we take a good corner into the box, the miss management at our club from professionals is utterly embarrassing to say the least. In all my years following Rangers i have seen some bad players/ teams yet one thing they did give you was 100%, these imposters are stealing a wage from the club.

The sad reality is it will be the same players on team sheet come Sunday, Foster, McCulloch, Black, Hutton, Law, Aird, Miller, added with the same squad each week inc on the bench. I would like to think after getting 5 players in we will see some major changes, but...we do need a Manager in ASAP now as McDowell is surely finished.

It's not just on the park that we have issues..money needs to be spent on Ibrox, a new scouting system, and I've heard it said that Auchenhowie is a bit run down, all of which is on top of whatever is required to build a new squad.

Add the onerous ontracts on to that and we are at least several tens of millions behind.

In numbers, the door is open for Celtic to do 10IAR if they stay on the rails.

This has been a transition season for them and I don't think they'll be as disjointed or as poor for at least the next 2 or 3 seasons.

Edited by buster.

How far are we behind right now? A few leagues (unit of distance) for sure. Right now is right now though. You wonder how we had played against them a year ago, when those on the park were actually trying to play for the team and as a unit. It is all very dynamic though. There is no-one that can predict how we may look in say 5 months time with e.g. a new board, a new leader, a new and capable manager and a few new players. Given that there are so many variables involved, I doubt it makes much sense to predict anything and - for the most time - revolve around the worst case scenario.

Edited by der Berliner