On paper, I feel our team looks good & capable of competing with ANYONE in Scotland. On the pitch is a completely different matter though.

I honestly believe that our playing personnel is irrelevant....we could have Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi & Iniesta lining up for us and still be rank rotten. The problem is on the training pitch. I don't know what is happening @ MP, but NO-ONE is developing or improving.

When was the last time we put a good ball into the opposition's box??? One that gave the opposition's defence some serious problems??? When was the last time we actually had a player who caused any concern to the opposition when lining up a set piece???

The opposition know exactly how we are going to play & setup accordingly. We need pace, drive and the ability to pass to each other. We need players who are hungry to play & impress. We need players who actually do their jobs!!!

I think there is a combination here of the very popular meme of trashing our team at every opportunity and people trying to justify some of the most pessimistic score predictions that don't show them in a good light.

When you consider the massive criticism of our team on here, combined with the off-field problems, the unhappy fans and the boycott, the resigning of a manager, the resigning of the interim manager who is still in charge, the contracts up at the end of the season, the poor form lately - you would really have to believe that if Celtic were any good they would have wiped the floor with us - which didn't transpire.

2nd gear? Maybe our team are really good compared to our results but just play in 2nd gear? But it looked more like huffing and puffing without really getting a grip on the game to me - a bit like one of our 2-0 wins against Championship sides.

For me, while it didn't show any promise for our current side and makes it look like we will struggle to be promoted, it does show that Celtic are not exactly in great shape and probably one of the worst teams to win the top tier in a while. The optimism I take from it is that if the "Good guys" can take over, sort us out and put in the right investment, we could easily do another one season revolution like the Souness era - bring in a decent manager, spend a bit of money on pretty much a new team and catch them and possibly beat them immediately.

In a way we have an advantage as we have people prepared to invest in the club as we're undervalued - Celtic don't have much investment in the wings as there is no return on it, bar the increased income for when we're back.

If they can only play in 2nd gear in a game where their fans are baying for blood and the opposition are pretty much hobbled, then they are not in great shape for the future battles to come.

Its the worst celtic team I have ever seen, and a lot of celtic fans I know think the same. And on top of that they are in decline as their (non-player trading) income reduces every year with reduced season ticket sales (and all at reduced prices), hospitality slashed, sponsorship and tv money reduced, and even their glamour pre & mid season friendlies are not as lucrative as before. Their overheads for CP and Lennoxtown are easily as high as ours are for Ibrox & Auchenhowie, and their annual salary bill is 2-3 times as much as ours. Not forgetting the huge Co-op bank debt that they still have.

Let us not kid ourselves on that celtic are uncatchable, they are run today like they have been run for the last 100 years, if they are ahead of us on the park they never invest, their whole existence and well-being is to be slightly ahead of us.

IF we can oust this board and influence at the EGM and get the feel-good factor back to the club, together with the correct managerial appointment, we can be back competing with them in one-two seasons. As stupid as this sounds given our current plight, it is easily turned around because celtic have allowed themselves to remain in touching distance by the lack of investment and forward thinking, together with the economic factors and the bigotry of their hard core support who are only going to turn up when it is competitive and every result is gauged by what our result was.

A lot of our playing problems are to do with confidence and attitude. The malaise at the club, in the boardroom, the management, coaching and playing poor opponents for 3 years now, has led to the current group of players underperforming and not really caring too much about it. A lot of these players are better than what we have seen from them, a few are being played ahead of better players due to personality issues (management team prefer some players to others who could be playing better than them), and the lack of resources has meant we have not made any effort to recruit better players within our existing budget and move on players who are surplus to requirements. A lot of this can change pretty much overnight with the victory in the boardroom followed by the right managerial appointment.

Can many of you take issue with the synopsis that if Ashley loses the AGM, and we appoint Laudrup/De Boer (plucked out of think air, other attractive options are available) as manager, our next home gate would be over 40,000. I believe that would happen. Bears I speak to who have stopped going due to the boardroom or the football Ally/McDowall played are desparate to come back if they are given a decent reason to do so. With proper PR this would be seen as the new revolution at Ibrox and Bears would be clamouring to get behind this and give good bears in control in the boardroom and in management the backing we have been known for giving when things we are being treated fairly.

How far are we behind right now? A few leagues (unit of distance) for sure. Right now is right now though. You wonder how we had played against them a year ago, when those on the park were actually trying to play for the team and as a unit. It is all very dynamic though. There is no-one that can predict how we may look in say 5 months time with e.g. a new board, a new leader, a new and capable manager and a few new players. Given that there are so many variables involved, I doubt it makes much sense to predict anything and - for the most time - revolve around the worst case scenario.

You wonder how we would have done a year ago when we were drawing with Stenhousemuir and Albion Rovers?

I think there is a combination here of the very popular meme of trashing our team at every opportunity and people trying to justify some of the most pessimistic score predictions that don't show them in a good light.

When you consider the massive criticism of our team on here, combined with the off-field problems, the unhappy fans and the boycott, the resigning of a manager, the resigning of the interim manager who is still in charge, the contracts up at the end of the season, the poor form lately - you would really have to believe that if Celtic were any good they would have wiped the floor with us - which didn't transpire.

2nd gear? Maybe our team are really good compared to our results but just play in 2nd gear? But it looked more like huffing and puffing without really getting a grip on the game to me - a bit like one of our 2-0 wins against Championship sides.

For me, while it didn't show any promise for our current side and makes it look like we will struggle to be promoted, it does show that Celtic are not exactly in great shape and probably one of the worst teams to win the top tier in a while. The optimism I take from it is that if the "Good guys" can take over, sort us out and put in the right investment, we could easily do another one season revolution like the Souness era - bring in a decent manager, spend a bit of money on pretty much a new team and catch them and possibly beat them immediately.

In a way we have an advantage as we have people prepared to invest in the club as we're undervalued - Celtic don't have much investment in the wings as there is no return on it, bar the increased income for when we're back.

If they can only play in 2nd gear in a game where their fans are baying for blood and the opposition are pretty much hobbled, then they are not in great shape for the future battles to come.

Presumably you didn't watch the match. They had 12 shots, we had one.

Presumably you didn't watch the match. They had 12 shots, we had one.

Strange reply from someone who says he refuses to watch the matches, and who also says he doesn't like stats. But I can tell it's one of your famous, nonsensical pot shots as it doesn't begin to rebut anything I said.

Here's some stats for you - Goals: Chelsea 2 - 4 Bradford City. According to you Chelsea must be light years behind Bradford.

Or maybe more similar to your choice - Shots: Chelsea 3 - 9 Man City. Looks like being outclassed despite the 1 - 1 draw.

Or another 1-1 draw with Liverpool - Shots: Liverpool 19 - 2 Chelsea.

Funnily enough, Chelsea are actually top of the league. Stats are fun aren't they?

I await your staunch defence of your beloved Chelsea, which usually juxtaposes your attacks on your not-so-beloved Rangers...

... and stayed unbeaten in the league, drawing just one game more? Yes! Would have been interesting to see.

The idiotic pursuit of an unbeaten season in the third tier of Scottish football was utterly self defeating.

Knowingly playing a crocked Jon Daly when the League had been won and having the youngsters watch from the stand was a monumental act of folly.

God help usif this team had to play Real at the Bernabau or Bayern .....

How far behind we are like a fekin ailing Mini Metro facing a bloody Ferrari .....with a dodgy exhaust we cant afford to fix....

Ashley, Llambias, Leach, Easdales, Somers OUT

Strange reply from someone who says he refuses to watch the matches, and who also says he doesn't like stats. But I can tell it's one of your famous, nonsensical pot shots as it doesn't begin to rebut anything I said.

Here's some stats for you - Goals: Chelsea 2 - 4 Bradford City. According to you Chelsea must be light years behind Bradford.

Or maybe more similar to your choice - Shots: Chelsea 3 - 9 Man City. Looks like being outclassed despite the 1 - 1 draw.

Or another 1-1 draw with Liverpool - Shots: Liverpool 19 - 2 Chelsea.

Funnily enough, Chelsea are actually top of the league. Stats are fun aren't they?

I await your staunch defence of your beloved Chelsea, which usually juxtaposes your attacks on your not-so-beloved Rangers...

Where did I say I refuse to watch the matches? I never said that. Perhaps you're thinking of yourelf, I believe you prefer to go cycling at the weekends.

The reason I brought up stats was to back up the fact that there was more between the teams than you suggest. Unlike you I watched the game and the gulf in quality was significant.

I have also never said I don't like stats. Most likely I would have been criticising your use of them to suit one of your ridiculously skewed arguments. Like when you used to come on praising our failure of a manager on a daily basis.