It is hysterical trying to make a success out of an unbeaten season given the resources available to all clubs in the same division. The only way to call that season a success would have been if we had won every single game (as we should have - I don't even want to hear the "football is a funny old game" excuse - the reality is that we were professional players against guys who were working a full shift and then playing us.... and often times playing us off the pitch. Anyone that chooses to use that as a yardstick for a successful season is barking in my humble opinion - at the same time as integrating decent youngsters into the team, not a whole team worth but 3 or 4 would have been nice.

Calling it a success and, just as bad, suggesting that because we went unbeaten we might have been more competitive is simply laughable. We moved up a division and have shown just how poor we are. We are horrid, from top to bottom. I actually would struggle to suggest a player that is worth keeping. That is how bad we are.

Its the worst celtic team I have ever seen, and a lot of celtic fans I know think the same. And on top of that they are in decline as their (non-player trading) income reduces every year with reduced season ticket sales (and all at reduced prices), hospitality slashed, sponsorship and tv money reduced, and even their glamour pre & mid season friendlies are not as lucrative as before. Their overheads for CP and Lennoxtown are easily as high as ours are for Ibrox & Auchenhowie, and their annual salary bill is 2-3 times as much as ours. Not forgetting the huge Co-op bank debt that they still have.

Let us not kid ourselves on that celtic are uncatchable, they are run today like they have been run for the last 100 years, if they are ahead of us on the park they never invest, their whole existence and well-being is to be slightly ahead of us.

IF we can oust this board and influence at the EGM and get the feel-good factor back to the club, together with the correct managerial appointment, we can be back competing with them in one-two seasons. As stupid as this sounds given our current plight, it is easily turned around because celtic have allowed themselves to remain in touching distance by the lack of investment and forward thinking, together with the economic factors and the bigotry of their hard core support who are only going to turn up when it is competitive and every result is gauged by what our result was.

A lot of our playing problems are to do with confidence and attitude. The malaise at the club, in the boardroom, the management, coaching and playing poor opponents for 3 years now, has led to the current group of players underperforming and not really caring too much about it. A lot of these players are better than what we have seen from them, a few are being played ahead of better players due to personality issues (management team prefer some players to others who could be playing better than them), and the lack of resources has meant we have not made any effort to recruit better players within our existing budget and move on players who are surplus to requirements. A lot of this can change pretty much overnight with the victory in the boardroom followed by the right managerial appointment.

Can many of you take issue with the synopsis that if Ashley loses the AGM, and we appoint Laudrup/De Boer (plucked out of think air, other attractive options are available) as manager, our next home gate would be over 40,000. I believe that would happen. Bears I speak to who have stopped going due to the boardroom or the football Ally/McDowall played are desparate to come back if they are given a decent reason to do so. With proper PR this would be seen as the new revolution at Ibrox and Bears would be clamouring to get behind this and give good bears in control in the boardroom and in management the backing we have been known for giving when things we are being treated fairly.

What he said. Every word.

It's not just on the park that we have issues..money needs to be spent on Ibrox, a new scouting system, and I've heard it said that Auchenhowie is a bit run down, all of which is on top of whatever is required to build a new squad.

Ibrox alone could need something like fifteen to twenty million spent on it to do a proper job of the necessary repair, restoration and upgrade work.

In the absence of absolutely MASSIVE investment it obviously can't all be done at the one time, but the stark reality of our situation is that properly fixing our Club and turning it into the force it should be again is going to require £30 million of pure investment minimum.

Where did I say I refuse to watch the matches? I never said that. Perhaps you're thinking of yourelf, I believe you prefer to go cycling at the weekends.

The reason I brought up stats was to back up the fact that there was more between the teams than you suggest. Unlike you I watched the game and the gulf in quality was significant.

I have also never said I don't like stats. Most likely I would have been criticising your use of them to suit one of your ridiculously skewed arguments. Like when you used to come on praising our failure of a manager on a daily basis.

Ha ha. SBS rule 1 - When you're floundering, just make up stuff about other guy, don't bother actually making a well reasoned case... :roflmao:

Just look at the Celtic central midfield. Scott Brown is a bomb-scare. Any decent, football thinking, controlling mid-mid would play him out the game or Brown would get himself sent off. Chris Commons is a lazy one-trick pony. Get the ball around the 16 and fall if anyone comes near.

Personally I don't think we are light years away. Brown and commons can't be the youngest around either.

They've replaced them with Mackay-Steven & Armstrong, Pete, and while I haven't seen either player on reputation they seem to be decent enough.

It's not a question of how far behind are we but whether we'll still be around to measure the gap. I'm very pessimistic about our chances, but then I am a miserable git at the best of times. There's always the EGM, I suppose.

Edited by andy steel