We asked the question last night about how much is being paid for the loan players from NUFC

It turns out Rangers don't even know as Ashley hasn't decided yet.

Must be the first club ever to sign five players without first agreeing how much they will cost.

Discussion took place today and most likely outcome will be dependant on how many games they play.

Wonder how they got that past the two Football Associations.

Contacts claim the players were hawked around England first with no takers hence the reason we got them with half an hour to go in transfer window.

All of these players have a decent to good pedigree but their careers have stalled for whatever reason.

We desperately need at least one central defender a LMF player and an attacking midfielder and all those positions are represented on this group.

As I said earlier, if only one of them comes good and helps us get promoted, I don't see the issue, especially if we are not paying them or only making a small contribution to their wages.

It's just a pity that we couldn't have sent such as Boyd, Shiels, Faure, Smith etc in the other direction or anywhere north, south, east or west of Ibrox.

The bit about who's paying them appears to have been left to fill in later. The squad obviously needs freshening up and a bit of quality so, under normal circumstances, the loans would be welcome. If it turns out Newcastle are paying for it, then it would be nice to have something back in return for the money flowing out of the club and into Ashley's wallet. But if we're paying for it then it's an absolute fucking fiasco. We're supposed to be taking loans of Jabba to meet the wage bill but then sending it back to him in the same window we sold our main (only) saleable playing asset for a knock-down price? I'll happily join a lynch mob if this is the case. And, as usual, nobody's got an effing clue what's going on.

Edited by Oleg_Mcnoleg
Autocorrect being a dick

This is a disaster and exactly what Ashley wants.

He is always 2 steps ahead of us...

Rangers will pay these boys wages and the next tranche of loan money will come in and be secured against Ibrox.

Game, sent and match to Ashley.

Good night to the Rangers we all loved.

This is a disaster and exactly what Ashley wants.

He is always 2 steps ahead of us...

Rangers will pay these boys wages and the next tranche of loan money will come in and be secured against Ibrox.

Game, sent and match to Ashley.

Good night to the Rangers we all loved.

Try taking a positive pill mate until we know all the facts. We also still have an EGM to come.

All of these players have a decent to good pedigree but their careers have stalled for whatever reason.

We desperately need at least one central defender a LMF player and an attacking midfielder and all those positions are represented on this group.

As I said earlier, if only one of them comes good and helps us get promoted, I don't see the issue, especially if we are not paying them or only making a small contribution to their wages.

It's just a pity that we couldn't have sent such as Boyd, Shiels, Faure, Smith etc in the other direction or anywhere north, south, east or west of Ibrox.

I don't want to sound like a Govan Jeremiah, but can you seriously not 'see the issue' on this? I'm not being stroppy - I can't see how anyone can see this as anything other than harmful, in terms of long term team building, in terms of managerial strategy (useless though he is, this is unlikely to improve McDowell's mood,), in terms of relations with the SFA...it's possible that on the pitch we'll see an improvement but, as in the 'missing the point' How Far Are We Behind thread, survival issues must surely take precedence over a few wins over Alloa or Dumbarton?