I don't want to sound like a Govan Jeremiah, but can you seriously not 'see the issue' on this? I'm not being stroppy - I can't see how anyone can see this as anything other than harmful, in terms of long term team building, in terms of managerial strategy (useless though he is, this is unlikely to improve McDowell's mood,), in terms of relations with the SFA...it's possible that on the pitch we'll see an improvement but, as in the 'missing the point' How Far Are We Behind thread, survival issues must surely take precedence over a few wins over Alloa or Dumbarton?

I do see the BIG ISSUE, here, of course I do.

But right now, we're in severe jeopardy of not getting back to the SPFL next season, and that would be a disaster of major proportions, especially if the only two Grade A games are removed next season by Hearts and Hibs going up.

So I beg to differ, my good friend.

There's absolutely no way we can afford to pay even half of the wages for these loan signings, so either Newcastle are paying all or most of their wages or we're being ripped off yet again. It's that simple.

Not only that, but we need a proper manager to turn this season around and gain promotion otherwise we'll have disgruntled players, dressing room unrest and virtually no chance of promotion barring some divine interventions.

The wages might be added to the debt?

Great.

Anyways, I'm very surprised by the loan signings. In terms of the football alone I hope that this leads to an improvement. Apart from that I'm very suspicious of the deal. Is it wise to take a loan of money from Mike Ashley and then use it to pay wages for players from his other club? I would say not. Particularly as we don't even have enough money to pay the existing squad without borrowing money from him.

Edited by ranger_syntax

Richard Wilson said on radio tonight that he thought these players were good. There followed a discussion where it was implied these players had been on the table before, had been taken off, and were now back on again.

Has a deal been done with Ashley ?

Is it possible Dave King is here this week to tie it up ?

Guess we'll know tomorrow

I do see the BIG ISSUE, here, of course I do.

But right now, we're in severe jeopardy of not getting back to the SPFL next season, and that would be a disaster of major proportions, especially if the only two Grade A games are removed next season by Hearts and Hibs going up.

So I beg to differ, my good friend.

I'm not certain I see failure to get promoted as quite the disaster you do, mate. If we do go up - quite an 'if' - as it stands the only way we could stay up, let alone vaguely compete, is to inject a big old amount of money into the club, and we know from where that money would come: Ashley. That would just leave us further up the creek.

As I see it, failure to go up leaves us goosed, going up leaves us goosed. Happy days, indeed.

I don't want to sound like a Govan Jeremiah, but can you seriously not 'see the issue' on this? I'm not being stroppy - I can't see how anyone can see this as anything other than harmful, in terms of long term team building, in terms of managerial strategy (useless though he is, this is unlikely to improve McDowell's mood,), in terms of relations with the SFA...it's possible that on the pitch we'll see an improvement but, as in the 'missing the point' How Far Are We Behind thread, survival issues must surely take precedence over a few wins over Alloa or Dumbarton?

Im glad you unbeievers still revel in the biblical characters Andrew - it has opened the oportunity for me to raise something which will probably result in pelters coming my way.

Totally aside from the boardroom power struggle - is there any others out there concerned about the lack of ethical sporting standards in this proposed deal ?

Edited by D'Artagnan