My only beef with DK's words are in relation to the "what if you lose the EGM" question.

Fair enough, he will go back to the market and buy another 5% to get it over the line next time. Why not go ahead and get that 5% now?

Appreciate that he doesn't want to line the pockets of existing shareholders, and that he seems to be confident of success, just seems like he's left something to chance and it could be seized upon by Ashley and Co.

A greater danger is that Ibrox could still be placed in hock if the EGM doesn't come soon enough. If that were to happen Ashley would effectively be holding us to ransom.

Which is where the forensic examination of our finances and contractual arrangements will come in. I'd assume that King's board would ensure money was there to protect assets until legal advice/ action would sought/brought.

excuse my ignorance have been away. have the 3 bears gave in? whats happened to them?

Although they basically have the same aims, it is King who has requisitioned the EGM, rather than the 3 bears.

They are being careful so as not to be seen as a concert party, for if they were, certain obligations, such as being required to make an offer for the full shareholding of the club, would apply.

Its likely the 3 bears are in regular communication with King. The likes of Paul Murray has worked on previous bids with Park, and others.

My only beef with DK's words are in relation to the "what if you lose the EGM" question.

Fair enough, he will go back to the market and buy another 5% to get it over the line next time. Why not go ahead and get that 5% now?

Appreciate that he doesn't want to line the pockets of existing shareholders, and that he seems to be confident of success, just seems like he's left something to chance and it could be seized upon by Ashley and Co.

But he has confidence and said he would be shocked if suddenly there was a change in voting where the current muppets would win the EGM,seems to me he has been in discussions and that's why he is so confident that it is the end for the current muppets,in essence he doesn't believe he needs to go and buy more shares.

But he has confidence and said he would be shocked if suddenly there was a change in voting where the current muppets would win the EGM,seems to me he has been in discussions and that's why he is so confident that it is the end for the current muppets,in essence he doesn't believe he needs to go and buy more shares.

You would hope the EGM is beyond doubt because another one will just cost the club more money and further delay our recovery.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

You would hope the EGM is beyond doubt because another one will just cost the club more money and further delay our recovery.

For sure,I just think he was saying it's not the last chance to get rid of the board.

Edited by ian1964

Although they basically have the same aims, it is King who has requisitioned the EGM, rather than the 3 bears.

They are being careful so as not to be seen as a concert party, for if they were, certain obligations, such as being required to make an offer for the full shareholding of the club, would apply.

Its likely the 3 bears are in regular communication with King. The likes of Paul Murray has worked on previous bids with Park, and others.

They did make a slight mistake in mentioning them. I thought at the time Oooh watch what you are saying.