what happened to the cauldron of Glasgow that Thompson was talking about when Goodwillie was up for transfer ?

That's a fair point. Call me a cynic but do they not seem to accept lower bids for their players from Celt*c than us ? Armstrong still had 18 months on his contract.

That's a fair point. Call me a cynic but do they not seem to accept lower bids for their players from Celt*c than us ? Armstrong still had 18 months on his contract.

Celtic actually negotiate - we ask how much a team wants and then increase that number by 25-50% "just to make sure"

Seems coincidental that they are weakening their cup final opposition as well as one of their closest rivals in the league...

This has historically happened though, especially for selling teams. In England it isn't quite the same..... Mata only joined Man U after they had already played Chelsea twice - thus strengthening Man U for the run-in against the other title contenders but also ensuring that he wouldn't come up against Chelsea again - didn't quite work out but the logic was solid.

Edited by craig

This has historically happened though, especially for selling teams. In England it isn't quite the same..... Mata only joined Man U after they had already played Chelsea twice - thus strengthening Man U for the run-in against the other title contenders but also ensuring that he wouldn't come up against Chelsea again - didn't quite work out but the logic was solid.

I agree it happens all the time but taking one best player from a main rival is one thing - they can maybe fill the gap, but two? That comes across as a bit more cynical, especially against a the background of desperation combined with "win any way you can" from that lot.

If they play most of the rest of the games then maybe it's just strengthening the team, but if they don't, it will look a bit funny.

I agree it happens all the time but taking one best player from a main rival is one thing - they can maybe fill the gap, but two? That comes across as a bit more cynical, especially against a the background of desperation combined with "win any way you can" from that lot.

If they play most of the rest of the games then maybe it's just strengthening the team, but if they don't, it will look a bit funny.

And you are surprised by that ? I doubt someone with your intelligence is surprised.... look at history and you know that they have a "win any way you can" mentality.

1. Postpone OF game because McGeady was out and use the excuse of Phil O Donnell's passing (RIP)

2. Same season continue to play games when a TRUE Celtic legend in Tommy Burns passes away

3. 1 and 2 above conveniently in a season when Rangers are being forced to squeeze games into a very narrow window due to competing on multiple fronts

4. Making accusations about ref bias in order to get advantageous decisions. Successful on all fronts.

Why should any of us be surprised at the depths the Tims will fall in order to ensure success ? I'm not, and I'm equally sure you aren't either.