The board are deciding who should play. Equally they could have laid down a strategy for the football side and instructed the manager to follow it. They could have set a budget on salaries and signing on fees, age profile of players, future marketability of new signings etc. They did none of that, they just continued to throw money at a hopeless manager . Who is worse, the man isn't up to the job or the people who keep him in place no matter how bad the performances are?

I hear what you are saying mate - and generally agree.

I see it that we have been given five decent players and the message is that they will improve the team - so they should be played until such time that their performances are clearly not fit for purpose.

Two things I'd say, MB................

1. It's no longer possible to look at this with only a footballing perspective. The very fact that the board is picking the first team only confirms this in the most blatant possible way.

2. McDowell and McCoist have every right to position themselves as they have done. The relevant contracts were agreed and ammended then signed by both the individuals and the club.

Coming back to the original point, it's up to the football board to take the necessary timely actions regards the football operation and employees within.

Generally I agree with your points mate. The whole thing is a mess.

However the footballing side HAS to improve - that much clear.

There were probably two choices - if we want to stand any chance of going up via play offs then we had to make player changes.

If we're not bothered about promotion then we could have kept the status quo.

We have obvioulsy decided on the former - and with a maager who has handed in his notice and is clearly incompetenet it has been decided to get ruthless with a target of play off success.

Only time will tell where this leads us - but I welcome fresh blood into the team..

Backbone? He basically says he is happy to do what is asked of him. Backbone would be to say he is not happy to do this. In fairness the media should have stopped the interview and stated they are no longer interested in interviewing him. If rangers want a football presser then send out sandy or Derek or fuck them.

If you don't appreciate the simple truth for a change then that is up to you.

If you don't appreciate that to say he wasn't prepared to go along with this was probably opening the door to being sacked, fine.

Remember that McDowell is really a coach, rather than a manager and the club announced that McDowell would be continuing his normal duties (which were coaching).

KENNY McDOWALL has tendered his resignation as caretaker manager of Rangers Football Club, citing personal reasons for stepping down.

Kenny, who has been a fantastic servant of the club, will serve his 12-month notice period, during which time he will remain 100% committed to his normal duties.

The club respects Kenny’s decision and he will continue to have the full support of everybody at Rangers.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/8371-club-statement

The backbone will be required when Kenny is asked to pass by the office of Easdale and/or Llambias.

Maybe, in the face of a regime change, we stop this sort of self-commiseration? We had that since 2012. We are still there, Ibrox is still there, the trophies are still there. The scum will not be there forever though.

It's not for myself I feel it.

Approx £200,000 or perhaps £400,000 if his pay went back up to the previous level on giving notice in the same way as Ally.

Taking aside all the financial mess and irregularities from the current and previous board members - does Kenny McDowall actually warrant a pay off of hundreds of thousands of pounds? Yes, technically he is due this via his mental salary/contract - but look at these figures and look at what he has done in his time with us. He has earned more than enough from us - in reality he shouldn't be rewarded with a penny more IMO.

A competent and honest football board have recognised the problems a longtime ago and had a new manager appointed to replace McCoist.

A normal and hoest football board wouldn't have played bluff with our promotion chances in trying to force McCoist into walking rather than settling or immediately putting him on gardening leave.

A normal and honest football board wouldn't have appointed McDowell and after so doing, wouldn't continue with the farce.

An honest football manager would have held his hands up 4 years ago and said the job was beyond him and take Durrant and McDowall with him, instead they have all lined their pockets them and the board.

You're probably more right that the board if not in complete disarray and doing it's job should have got rid of them years ago.

But they're all at it

That must be the weirdest press conference that a manager or coach of a football team has ever given anywhere in the world.

To openly admit that you have been instructed to play 5 new loan players every week, if fit, means that he has no authority whatsoever in the dressing room and no way to motivate the players concerned at the same time as he will lose the support of the rest of the dressing room (if indeed he has that right now) and there will be a clear divide between the chosen men of Newcastle and the rest.

One thing he can be congratulated on is his honesty. I bet Llambias and Easdale were ill listening to him.

On the other hand he has shown himself to be completely devoid of any self respect. His justification that "they have come up to play" beggars belief.

I wonder if he is effectively challenging them to sack him for breach of confidentiality; but I honestly doubt if he's clever enough to figure that out.

He was hesitant with his answer about what he would do if any of the 5 were not playing well, he muttered something about having subs to bring on. Let's say he pulled one off or just decided not to start one or other then would he be sacked for disobeying instructions? If so I bet he's have a queue of managers and coaches ready to speak in his defence at a tribunal for unfair dismissal.

All that said, if ANY of these players are better than what we have in their positions then they SHOULD play; but no way should that be dictated to the coach by the directors.

It's just outrageous.

No self respecting manager would come in and take the job on those conditions, so how are we going to employ a replacement of any quality?