i suspect ally will reinvest his pay off or waive it for dave king.

he would be crazy to give this board money. i wouldn't trust them with a fiver.

I doubt very much if he'll waive it. It will likely be his first & last job in football management

i suspect ally will reinvest his pay off or waive it for dave king.

he would be crazy to give this board money. i wouldn't trust them with a fiver.

Can't see oor Ally waiving any pay off.

His time in football management is done - he is not a football manager.

And the bubbly 'character' media Ally that we saw decades ago is no longer - and his football analysis is utterly absymal.

Not making a case for/against the board but they want us promoted back to top division. Every Rangers supporter should want that IMO. Don't you?

Wanting and achieving are two different things and the board are going about the acheiving in a way that doesn't seem to have any plausibility of success. They board may want it but at the moment it seems way down the priorities. This seems more about helping develop players for Mike Ashley's number 1 team plus appeasing some of the fans of his number 2 team. I can't believe that people think that what Ally did was rubbish and think this is a good way of doing things.

I really can't see how we're going to get promoted that without something that every other club tends to have - a football manager. McDowall has shown that he does not possess that job - right now we've got a Morton supporting, Bus company owner playing a Football Manager game with our team - and some people think that will result in promotion...

There's a slim possibility might get promoted due to having better players, but we're handicapped in so many ways that without the removal of the board, I think we have very little chance.

Thank f*** for the EGM as we will only have the slightest chance by sacking the board and getting in a half decent manager AND allowing him to use his expertise to do his job.

Craig in answer to one of your posts where you asked who would want a job where you don't make decisions. This is for the Newcastle Job.

WILL THEY HAVE A SAY ON TRANSFERS?

The new head coach will have to set out to us what his playing style is, what his philosophy is and what he looks for in his team because that then impacts on what we look for in terms of recruitment. It all works together.

The head coach picks the team. We don’t interfere in that. If the relationship works in the right way and everyone is going in the same direction and believes in our strategy and policy then there is no point in us buying a player that the head coach doesn’t want because he doesn’t play him and we don’t get the best out of our investment.

When someone says: ‘Does he have any say (in transfers)?’ Yes. Does he have the final say? No he doesn’t. There’s a difference there.

We hope it’s a happy marriage.

We want someone who sees the bigger picture because my thinking will always be medium to long-term. When people talk about what we’re going to do in this transfer window, I am looking at the next transfer window and the window after and what impact it will have on that. Are there better opportunities if we wait three or four months rather than committing now?

It’s trying to find that balance but also an individual in a head coach that trusts us. If we say ‘You aren’t going to get that now but you will in the summer’, it’s someone who is prepared to say ‘OK’ and trusts us to do that.

It’s also someone that for example, if we were to get an offer for a player that is at a value that we want to take, isn’t nervous about getting a replacement. There has to be a trust.

We want to make things better and improve things but sometimes our timelines might not meet. His requirements might be short-term but our view on some occasions may well be we’d rather wait because we can get better options and better value. Between me and the head coach and Graham, it’s a relationship that will have to develop. He will have to trust and believe in what we do.

We’ve had about 80 applications of people interested in the role. That’s people within football.

Clearly a number of those can be easily discounted but what has been left is a good number of individuals who have different qualities, experience and strengths – some of those are willing and available to come now, others not until the summer.

The important thing to stress here is that there is a process I have been working through the same as I would if I were looking for any other senior member of staff.

It’s not a case of someone getting the job because he’s a friend of a friend or he knows someone. It is a proper structured process which I believe will in the end give us the best individual for the job.

When we put the statement out when Alan left we chose our words very carefully in terms of what we would be looking for as a replacement. We are looking for a head coach - that will be his role – we’re moving away from the traditional manager, in terms of title and perception.

80 applicants seem to want the job whatever.

As is your prerogative. Hating both (hate is such a strong word....) is certainly more balanced than just McDowall. He was offered a contract, he signed it, he is entitled under its terms.

Funny thing is that I could almost guarantee that well over 95% of us, under similar circumstances, wouldn't walk away either.

However, it seems to me that it would be better for Kenny and his career, if he ignored the instructions, did his job the correct way, take the sack and get his contract paid off, or at worst gardening leave... By doing his job he won't be in breach of contract.

Or is he just hanging in there as he knows regime change is round the corner and he has a chance of being kept on?

The more I think about the latter the more it seems likely.

Edited by calscot

Can't see oor Ally waiving any pay off.

His time in football management is done - he is not a football manager.

And the bubbly 'character' media Ally that we saw decades ago is no longer - and his football analysis is utterly absymal.

Oddly enough, that was one of the reasons I was worried about him becoming manager in the first place. He never seemed very knowledgeable or insightful when has was doing his tv football stuff.