He is abiding the contract which the Board gave him. Not his problem, it is theirs.

I have no sympathy for him either - but, then, he doesn't need to be bothered by yours or my thoughts on the issue either,

Funny how we give players a hard time when they don't honour contracts but we lambast a manager who is honouring his. Hypocrisy ? Just a tad,

Honouring a contract can clearly mean two very different things.

The current board didn't give him his contract. It was TUPE'd over in 2012.It would have been Martin Bain probably

I didn't say which Board did I ? Doesn't matter WHO the Board is/was - it was them who gave him the contract. The point remains, hate the people that gave him the contract.

The major downside here is that these public revelations from Kenny and all the extra fuss which is now being made about these players increases the chance of a dressing room divide and serious unrest in the squad.

Thankfully the 'Rangers old guard' (as Willie Vass put it today) players can't down tools, since it looked like they did that months ago.

I hate them both.

As is your prerogative. Hating both (hate is such a strong word....) is certainly more balanced than just McDowall. He was offered a contract, he signed it, he is entitled under its terms.

Funny thing is that I could almost guarantee that well over 95% of us, under similar circumstances, wouldn't walk away either.

I've no concern for the 'existing' players. They have consistently let us down time and time again - and they have pretty much been guaranteed a game no matter what kind of performance they put in..

Who gives a damn if they are upset by some players coming in who will challenge them in their positions.

I am sick of our current players and management.

Do we want to stand a chance of play off succes ? If so we had to change the personnel on the pitch. The current lot are murder.

I think we all agree the way we have got to this is far from ideal, ot say the least. But we are where we are and have got 5 decent players who will be keen to show what they can do and kick start their careers.

I don't think ANY of us disagree with you that the personnel had to change on the pitch. It is the manner in which it has happened that is appalling. We don't know if these guys will be better but that happens with ANY new signing. But the manager should never have had these signings forced upon him.

Agree on your second point, but I don't think Kenny was being completely honest in that presser.

He tendered his resignation after only 3 matches in charge, so to keep saying that he's been and is still happy to do his job and carry out the duties asked of him is clearly not true or the very least twisting the truth.

If he was being truthful he'd have said that he tendered his resignation last month because he didn't agree with what was going on, didn't want the job and that he was currently just working his notice period because he was contractually obliged to do so unless he had walked away with no severance or pay-off.

I think it's harsh to accuse him of twisting the truth. It's just a way of phrasing it, It means more that he's willing to do it rather than anything else, and he doesn't need to expand into the other issues that you mention in respect of the question that he was asked.

I've heard "happy" being used as "willing" on many occasions in the work environment.

Honouring a contract can clearly mean two very different things.

Explain please.

You get a contract, you do the job to the best of your abilities and see through the contract that you signed. If the "best of your abilities" isn't good enough then you can expect to be asked to leave, having followed proper employment law protocols. No ?

I don't think ANY of us disagree with you that the personnel had to change on the pitch. It is the manner in which it has happened that is appalling. We don't know if these guys will be better but that happens with ANY new signing. But the manager should never have had these signings forced upon him.

You're missing the point(s).

We would struggle to get promoted with the current squad & manager who doesn't want to be there.

Something had to happen to give us a better chance of promotion.